Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete insanity. (Language. Lots of it.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta agree. I'm no expert nor do I have an eye for stuffed plushes, factory- or hand-made. But that's pretty impressive work you have there! I'm used to seeing huge stuffed animals and plushes from our local park, and something like what you displayed looks way too good to fit in with what they have.

Comment

Screw him --- and no refund, either. You've put in plenty of time and effort (and material)...A lack of comprehension on his part that it would essentially be a recolor of all of the OTHERS he's seen before does not constitute a failure of ANY kind on your part.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Oh don't worry, refund will NOT be happening. For one thing his down payment juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust barely covered the fabric I had to buy to make this, so he's not getting it back, it's spent and gone!

Ordinarily I do offer to make them some small item worth somewhat less than their down payment, in cases where a customer has paid but isn't going to get their item. A mini plush. A tail. Some ears on a headband. Something easy and simple like that. After all, sometimes a customer has good reason to cancel a commission, and it's hardly fair to have taken their money and given them nothing at all. Even when it's a case of the customer not liking the finished product, sometimes that really is as much my fault as theirs.

But this guy? No, I think not. He can pony up and pay the remaining price for the plush exactly as it is, or he can get nothing, not even a refund. Those are the options he's getting. I offer the above deal as a courtesy, and I only give courtesy to people who treat me with matching courtesy.
        The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

You have too much talent to cater to people like him.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah, just heard back from this guy, and he's demanding that I change it or he won't pay for it. given that I already told him that I won't change it, and that he can take it as is or leave it, I don't know what he thinks that'll accomplish.

He also is acting as though he had no idea I was going to use the same pattern as the other plushes, despite my SPECIFICALLY telling him it would be made with the same pattern.

And bonus insanity! He told me he's very disappointed at how this is obviously inferior to the Flareon. And linked me. To a photo. Of my Flareon. As though I might have forgotten how it looked in the last few months.

Edit: Even more bonus crazy! Now he's telling me that on the one hand he had "just expected" that I would pay more careful attention to details while making this, but on the other hand he doesn't like the eye shine I put on. Even though it's on the official art, and is one of those details I should be paying attention to. I just blocked him. We're quite done here, I feel.

So. Uh. Anybody want to buy a Leafeon?

Edit the second: Holy frick! He apparently didn't like being blocked, I just got a massively passive-aggressive rant sent to me via a different means of communication. Did you know that "What the fuck happened to it?" and accusing somebody of failing to give proper attention to detail are not insults? Apparently not. What they are instead I have no idea, but he tells me they're not insults, so obviously he's right. Also mentioning that a "picky" customer has backed out of a deal, and now it's for sale is causing drama? So he tells me.

Sheesh. I've found a real prize here. What a nut.
            Last edited by spark; 06-23-2011, 08:39 AM.
            The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Without the eye shine, wouldn't they just be dark, soulless eyes? And holy heck those things are huge! Kitty is dwarfed by your Pokemon.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

They're life size to how big the "real" thing is supposed to be. I do more normal sized plushes too, and cute little bitty ones, but I kind of like doing the gigantic ones. This isn't even the biggest plush I've made, there are at least three that are bigger.

And yeah, without the eye shine it would just be flat and blank. It's weird enough that the critter's design is missing pupils without removing all detail from it.

Comment

Maybe he was thinking Bayleef, not Leafeon?

/devil's advocate

Those are awesome, btw.
                  What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Can you report the tool to his ISP for 'abusive language' (which I'm pretty sure violates every TOS out there)? It might not do much, but again it might.

If I had the money I would so order a Pokeplush. I've been looking for a decent Houndoom for awhile.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Somehow I doubt one "fuck" is going to get him banned anywhere.

Also no, not Bayleef. He specifically saw my Flareon and wanted a Leafeon like it! That's what makes this all such madness. He's not happy with what he got, and yet what he got was exactly what he asked for, a Leafeon like my other 'eon plushes!

Comment

I've gotten accounts kicked off AOHell for less, but this was back in the early days when TOSes were actually enforced -_-

I suspect he doesn't actually know what Leafeon looks like, or thought that you would just use a leaf-patterned fabric (dumbass).
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

His nickname involves Leafeon, as does his avatar art. I'm sure he knows what it looks like, he's just INSANE. At this point I'm pretty sure literally, not in any sort of exaggerated way, but actually, literally, not sane.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                            I've gotten accounts kicked off AOHell for less, but this was back in the early days when TOSes were actually enforced -_-
                            I had a disgruntled ex-member try to hack my account here and fail. I informed his ISP, at which point they did precisely ... fek all, really. Potted response.

As to the main subject matter, it's definitely his loss Spark.

Rapscallion

Comment

Guess he didn't know what everyone else knows: that your password is manboobs01.

Comment

BIG plush.....

Sorry you have to deal with this bullshit though. I think they look great. And they're HUGE. And CUDDLY-LOOKING. I am quite fond of them. ^^
                                "I am nothing if not an equal opportunity asshole." -Gravekeeper

"F**k you and your tie." -Jester

Comment

Working...
                                X