Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks Samsung! ....and other atrocities.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. The discontinuation resulted in a prompt drop of something like 8% of their market value, representing quite a few billion dollars.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I heard they are offering $100 towards a new Samsung phone, or $25 on any other for all the trouble...

Comment

Holy crap.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 banned on all U.S. flights due to fire hazard
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Samsung has now discontinued production of the Note 7 phone

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/11/tech...ued/index.html

Probably the only logical conclusion to come to in this disaster.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

To top it all of, we've started getting calls from people who took their Note 7 travelling overseas and are now UNABLE TO BRING IT BACK WITH THEM ON THE PLANE.

I understand that really, REALLY sucks but there's nothing <Red Checkmark> can do if you're out of country. I feel bad for the people working Samsung customer service.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
              And that crap of "you WILL reduce the price" comes out of those awful advice articles. It doesn't work.
              I worked for a time in a bridal salon. One season, every bride walked in and immediately announced, "I'm not going to buy today." As if the industry, company, staff had no idea what the bridal magazines were printing and changing their approaches accordingly.

"I guess the pressure's off both of us, then!" was the standard response, and often, a sale was made anyway.

Comment

And the lawsuit you knew was coming...

https://consumerist.com/2016/10/18/g...nes-for-weeks/

"A lawsuit, filed in New Jersey district court, claims that owners of recalled Galaxy Note 7 devices suffered 'economic damages' as the result of the prolonged and confusing recall."

This is gonna be ugly...

Comment

Working...
                X