This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
    I was in Pittsburgh just last week. Nightmare of a town to drive in . . . gorgeous skyline at night.
    A lot of it is because the morons "dahntahn" can't be bothered to finish up one construction project before trashing something else. Right now, just about every major artery into the "golden triangle" is Fubared in some way. Basically, if you're not a local or skilled with a GPS, you're screwed.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
      Had a car at the Lounge from either Valentines's Day or St. Patrick's Day (I no longer remember) until mid September.

I told anyone who asked that there was a dead body in the trunk.

The real story's not nearly as good as that.
      Well, don't just leave us hanging!
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
        Well, don't just leave us hanging!
        Basically, the car broke down in our parking lot, and the guy who was driving it forget where he left it.

It was his mom's car.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
          Basically, the car broke down in our parking lot, and the guy who was driving it forget where he left it.

It was his mom's car.
          I would love to have been a fly on the wall in that house for that conversation. I'm sure that was one mad Mama Bear.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
            I'm sure that was one mad Mama Bear.
            I bet.

I mean, a few days to a week? Kinda okay.

6 or 7 months? That's a straight up -a-thonâ„¢ right there.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              A lot of it is because the morons "dahntahn" can't be bothered to finish up one construction project before trashing something else.
              I didn't know my husband had a consulting job there! Seriously I love the guy to bits but he CANNOT finish one project and put everything away before jumping on to the next. Right now I have three projects in various stages scattered about the living room.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                I would love to have been a fly on the wall in that house for that conversation. I'm sure that was one mad Mama Bear.
                I think it's more likely the car title was in Mama's name, but she let the idiot drive it around.

My last car was technically my parents' car, but I was the one who drove it, paid for gas, and paid for maintenance and insurance. In the last couple years I had it, we transferred the car title to me, so it legally became mine.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  I think it's more likely the car title was in Mama's name, but she let the idiot drive it around.
                  Same with the idiot that hit me. He was driving his mom's uninsured car. Right now, it's still smashed up and sitting at the borough's impound lot. Since the car isn't insured (and the owner is currently in jail), it's going to be sitting there a long time.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Turtleguy used to play keyboards for a band. One day when he was en route to a gig his car broke down. He called me, and it took me about an hour but I found him. In the meantime he had called the band leader and told them he wasn't going to make the gig because his car had broken down, and the band leader told him to leave me with the dead car and take mine and leave me to deal with the situation. Turtleguy told the guy flatly that he wasn't going to stick me with a broken-down car to figure out how to get it home. We were able to nurse his car along enough to get it almost to the shop where we have it worked on, but a few miles away it stopped completely so we had to call for a tow. (The tow truck driver will forever have stars in his crown as far as I'm concerned: When I joined them after getting the phone number for the tow company and calling for the tow he said to Turtleguy, "This your missus?" Turtleguy replied in the affirmative. "You're a lucky man.")

Comment

Working...
                    X