Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the male customer who made a comment to the customer in front of him regarding how slow the express lane is...

No matter how quickly the cashier works, customers who are slower will cause the wait to be longer. Self checkout is right next to you. You can use that as well.

Customers have different rates of speed. The cashier cannot tell a customer to hurry up because other customers are tired of waiting in line.

Comment

• Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
      Customers have different rates of speed. The cashier cannot tell a customer to hurry up because other customers are tired of waiting in line.
      Back at the grocery/drug store we used to get a married couple of cranky old people who would jab their carts into the back of the customer in front of them if they thought they were taking too long. They did that 3 times in a row to the wrong woman once and she snapped, kicking the cart back into them and screaming at them. It became a whole scene with both parties demanding the other be arrested, which, of course, slowed the entire check-out process across multiple lanes to a halt.

Comment

• I don't think I would've pushed the cart at them but they would've gotten an angry earful about the risk of knocking me down, giving me concussion #6, and getting sued.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• If I hear one more mom talk to her kid in that sickly sweet tone, while just letting them do whatever they want I think I'll... Well, complain here I guess.

All day I hear "oh sweetie, don't do that... Please don't pull that... Mommy doesn't want you to do that... " While the child completely ignores the parent, because why would they listen? The kid would be hanging on the edge of the shopping cart, about to pull it over and the mom would just be like "Roman, please don't do that." And then she'd just smile and hold onto the cart, and let him keep on pulling, periodically simpering things like "the cart won't hold you sweetie... be careful..." These kids were doing things that could potentially really hurt them, and they're being trained to never listen.

I guess this isn't really sucky, but I just don't get it. Today I watched a mom pick up a baby's sippy cup about twenty times. Each time the baby would throw it, like babies do. Each time the mom would run after the cup (which was rolling along the floor in front of the cutting counter) and use that sickly tone "Emmy, don't throw it... Please don't throw it... *big sigh* Emmy! No throwing... *sigh and smiling* Please don- *sigh*" I mean, obviously the baby just thinks it's fun, which is fine, it's a baby. I just don't get the point of trying to tell the baby "no" while continuing to play the game. Either make it a game, or don't give back the cup.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• With babies, they at least can't understand, but if it's a toddler or older, you MUST put your foot down, and firmly, when they act up or do something dangerous.

Comment

• If my mother had ever said, "Mommy doesn't like it when you do that" in a sickly sweet voice, I'd have thought she'd slipped a cog. My mom was more "Do I have to take you outside?" hissed in a low voice, and you can bet we behaved because we knew what would happen if Mom had to take us outside.

Comment

• If they're actually doing a good job, don't reprimand your kid for bagging at SCO. I'm two feet away and will intervene if it looks like something bad will happen. Most parents (and I) love kids who help bag--as long as they know what they're doing which she clearly does.

(yes, kiddo was addicted to Tetris and just loves packing things. I did have to help out a bit with the heavy/bulky stuff, but most of it was all her and everything was packed and in the cart by the time mom paid)
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• You know what really makes me despair for the future of humanity?

When I ask someone if they want a 1/3 pound or 1/2 bound burger and they say "the smaller one" or "which one is smaller?"

Just stay out of the "workplace memes" thread. Please. I mean it.

Comment

• I dunno, I've had days where I've finished so brain-fried that I'd just say the smaller one too... today is one of those days... Do we have an alcohol drinking smiley...?

Comment

• Quoth Aria View Post
                      Do we have an alcohol drinking smiley...?

Whichever you prefer...
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Quoth Shotgun Chuck View Post
                        You know what really makes me despair for the future of humanity?

When I ask someone if they want a 1/3 pound or 1/2 bound burger and they say "the smaller one" or "which one is smaller?"
                        There was apparently a burger chain that tried to compete with Mickey D's and their "quarter pounder" by offering a 1/3-pound burger.

It went out of business because people couldn't do the math and assumed 1/3 was smaller than 1/4.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Thanks! was what I was after. Yesterday was a rough day lol

Comment

• Quoth Aria View Post
                            Thanks! was what I was after. Yesterday was a rough day lol
                            Every day is a rough day for me, but after the 31st, it should be getting a little easier for me.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              There was apparently a burger chain that tried to compete with Mickey D's and their "quarter pounder" by offering a 1/3-pound burger.

It went out of business because people couldn't do the math and assumed 1/3 was smaller than 1/4.
                              The only chain I know off that has a 1/3 pound burger is Fuddruckers. The ones near me have closed, but there are about a half dozen in the outer regions of this area. But I would never say they competed with McDs. They were far better. Especially their beer battered onion rings.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Why can't you all just put stuff on the counter? You put it way down there on the wrong side of the scanner so I have to lean over to scan it or lift the heavy basket up 2 feet which hurts. Or you hand me tags one by one. I know you think you're helping, but you're making it agonizingly slow. Trust me, I can grab and scan items on my own. I've been doing it for 20 years. I also don't need you to hold an item up on the wrong side of the scanner for me to take. Just put it on the counter!
                                And to the guy who bagged already bagged things: why?? Your grapes come in bags with handles on them and you put them in produce bags with no handles. And all those chicken packages I had to pull out so I could get at the barcodes and the coupon barcodes anyway.
                                What is wrong with people in this town? The Australian lady I had tonight had it on straighter than the locals....
                                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                                X