Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks for yelling at me for trying to be sympathetic.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for yelling at me for trying to be sympathetic.

Names names names. They drive me bananas.

THE WHOLE THING?!?!?!

SC: Hello, I cannot connect to the internet. My room number is [Room].

Me: Ok, well what is your last name? The way you connect to it is with that.

SC: Jameson-Blahdeblah.

(Note: Names have been changed.)

Me: Ok, well that's what it says on your reservation, so try it again.

SC: *tries again* Still not working!!!

Me: Can I see your tablet?

(Thank goodness it's in English. I note that he put Jameson in the Last Name blank.)

Me: Sir, you put Jameson here.

SC: SO?? That's my last name!

Me: Sir, you told me that Jameson-Blahdeblah was your last name!

SC: YOu asked me for my last name and it's Jameson-Blahdeblah!

Me:.....

(Ok, you're an idiot.)

I'M A SIR, NOT A MISS!

(One of my jobs is to type up welcome letters to new arrivals. They start with "Dear Mr. So and so" if it's a guy, or "Dear Ms." if it's a girl. Some names are ambiguous, meaning they could be for either. This SC has the first name of Terry. If it's ambiguous, then I'm trained to default to Mr. I guess because more of our guests that stay are male so odds are that's a guy. Anyway, sometimes we make mistakes, but most are pretty cool about it.)

SC: I got this letter, and it addressed me as Mr.! Do I look like a man?!?!?!

Me: Uh, no?

SC: I want you to put me as a woman!

Me: Yes ma'am, I will

SC: Outrageous! This hotel can't even get anything right! So rude and disrespectful!

(Tired of her ranting I asked if she wants to speak with a manager. She did and proceed to chew her ear off about how disrespected she felt.)

SORRY? YOU'RE SORRY????

SC: I'm trying to take a shower and there's no hot water! Now I have to go to work stinky!!!

Me: I'm sorry--

SC: YOU'RE SORRY???? YOU'RE SORRY????

Me: *making sympathetic noises* Let me see if I can find you another room.

SC: I don't have time for that! I have to go to work now! I demand compensation! And N O T money, since my company is paying for it!

Me: Right, I'll tell the manager about this.

He hangs up. Well, excuse me for trying to be sympathetic over something that is NOT MY FAULT. I don't say sorry because it is my fault, I say because I have to!! maybe next time book at a hotel that has 24 hours maintenance service and have them cough up 2 times the cash if your company's paying.
    Last edited by HotelMinion; 10-10-2016, 07:33 AM.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
    SC: Outrageous! This hotel can't even get anything right! So rude and disrespectful!

(Tired of her ranting I asked if she wants to speak with a manager. She did and proceed to chew her ear off about how disrespected she felt.)
    Terry really needs to get over herself. I've got a very low voice for a woman and I've lost count of the number of times I've been called "Sir" by people on the other end of the phone line. I might possibly have been unhappy about it a few decades ago; now it's just entertaining.

It also has its advantages ... telemarketers seem more willing to take a firm "No thank you!" from a male-sounding voice.
    Last edited by EricKei; 10-10-2016, 05:41 PM. Reason: trimmed quote
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

SC: I don't have time for that! I have to go to work now! I demand compensation! And N O T money, since my company is paying for it!
      What does he want, a back rub?
      "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
      -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
        What does he want, a back rub?
        I was wondering that myself .
        "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

I figured maybe he wants hookers or something. The hotel will pay for them, of course.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

SC: I'm trying to take a shower and there's no hot water! Now I have to go to work stinky!!!
            It IS possible to shower with cold water. It's your choice to go without one. What's more important...going to your job with bad hygiene, or sucking it up and taking a quickie cold shower? Hey, it sucks when there's cold or lukewarm water, but that just means you have to step on it and get clean faster.

Comment

Of course that guy could have just turned on the hot water tap and waited the 30 seconds it takes for the hot water to come out. But Noooo, he'd rather complain about it.
              Last edited by Ironclad Alibi; 10-10-2016, 08:31 PM.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Or he could've said something earlier, rather than waiting until the last minute, just as he was leaving for work.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I don't know how the hot water works for a hotel, but I can't imagine that the hot water would stop working for one room. Or can this happen? What do you want to be that he either didn't wait long enough for the water to get hot, or he turned the knob the wrong way?

I mention that because I've done crap like that at hotels before. But hey, I figured it out after the water stayed ice cold. And why would he want compensation, he's not paying for it. Oh, duh. He was probably running late, or at least didn't give himself even one minute extra, so now he'll be in trouble at work. You know, I also don't give myself any extra time in the morning. That's why I shower at night.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                    I don't know how the hot water works for a hotel, but I can't imagine that the hot water would stop working for one room. Or can this happen? What do you want to be that he either didn't wait long enough for the water to get hot, or he turned the knob the wrong way?

I mention that because I've done crap like that at hotels before. But hey, I figured it out after the water stayed ice cold. And why would he want compensation, he's not paying for it. Oh, duh. He was probably running late, or at least didn't give himself even one minute extra, so now he'll be in trouble at work. You know, I also don't give myself any extra time in the morning. That's why I shower at night.
                    It turns out we had a water heater problem so I got a lot of complaints about it, and there was wedding party for a wedding later and they were super hostile about it. I thought they were going to choke me, really. I wanted to crawl under the lobby sofa. The water did get warm, just not the kind that turns into steam as soon as it leaves the tap, I guess it was because of the cold snap we had. Plus the wind blew out the cable the day before that, so people were fuming already and then this happened. thankfully now it seems to be working but who knows what the weather will attack next???

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                      I don't know how the hot water works for a hotel, ...
                      Almost every hotel I've stayed, I turn the faucet and lava shoots out.
                      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                        You have to remember HotelMinion works in the DC area. With all the hot air congress pumps out, there isn't much heat left for the water. Especially in this election year.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          I figured maybe he wants hookers or something. The hotel will pay for them, of course.
                          I have stayed at many hotels.Occasionally,there has been a problem and they've chopped something off the bill.Never have I been offered an alternative of singing,dancing,stripping girls to be despatched to my room.Perhaps I'm just asking the wrong person?
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                            Yeah hotels cater to the majority and I guess the majority like steamy lava baths. I don't. Gives me a headache.
                            Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            You have to remember HotelMinion works in the DC area. With all the hot air congress pumps out, there isn't much heat left for the water. Especially in this election year.
                            Yeah...things are getting heated up in here but that's no where near the customers fiery tempers. Maybe I should have told SC to use his temper to heat up his bath I would've been written up toot suite but it would've been worth it. Jerky jerk.
                            Seriously I don't get screaming at people who's not at fault and can't do anything. Not only does it not help get hot water, it prevents me from actually getting someone to help. There are better ways to let off steam like punching a pillow.
                            IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T GET HOT WATER TODAAAAAYYYYYY *gasp* SO STOP ACTING LIKE IT IS. That is all.

Comment

You know, I'd have just asked for a kettle so I could boil some water to have a quick wash (the kettles you get for tea barely hold more than a mug). Then again, I apply common sense to awkward situations.
                              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                              X