This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What up?

Been a while...I posted here a year ago or so, in this section, thinking I would be posting here and there...Then I didn't. Hm.

At any rate, I was Dman, and Dayshift, back in the day (started visiting here in 1999, I think, and hung around until 2003 or 2004 (it's all a blur at this point). I still remember a few online conversations with MadMetalMike and Raps, as well as...what was her name?... in Australia...hm. Very foggy.

I'm back, because I eventually received my BA in Sociology/Anthropology in 2004. Picked up a Masters in English (creative writing focus) in 2007. Taught at a community college for a year, and absolutely hated it. After my contract for the year ended, I decided to pursue other options. Then the economy went way, way south. Bills have to be paid, and I'm now working 3rd shift, as a stocker at a big box retailer (full time, at least).

Full circle, it seems. Oh, I send resumes out every day, and have some writerly shit going on - submissions to journals, and a new webcomic is in the works (more on that at a future date). But I am, once again, back on the front lines in retail. With more education, and less patience for the consumers, it seems.

So it goes.

I remember you. Welcome back! It's been awhile.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
    X