Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taz will run from window to window "chasing" the squirrels and bird. I have no doubt if I let her outdoors what would happen.

Big pile of dead birds and squirrels on the front porch.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Draper Mel View Post
      My old apartment had a brown mottled rug in the bedroom. Hairballs blended in perfectly.
      Oh my...I feel your pain. We have hairball colored wall to wall carpeting thru the entire house other than kitchen and bathrooms...and a longhair who thinks she's a mommy cat and grooms everyone else accordingly.

If I may make a suggestion? Invest in stock for carpet cleaning solution mfgs, folks :P
      "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
      - H. Beam Piper

Comment

At least your cat killed them. When our kitty brought home "presents" growing up, you were lucky if they were dead...most of the time, she just snapped their backs, and left them alive-but-hopelessly-maimed-and-in-pain, so that we could finish the job ourselves.

She liked to leave them in particular spots. Often, we would find them on the rug next to the door that led from the garage into the house (she was an outdoor kitty...she could go in and out of the garage at her leisure but wasn't allowed in the house). We also found them on the walkway between the house and the driveway, on the back porch, and I found dead squirrels all the time (usually half-eaten) by my car.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Yeah, mine used to leave piles of leftovers. We had to live with my in-laws when she was young, and they flat-out refused to close the dog door and let me play doorman for their dog, so the cat came and went unsupervised. I once moved a box we were storing in the corner of a room, and found... feathers. And a neat little pile of seven beaks and thirteen legs. I guess she tried one leg before deciding not to eat them. I hope that's what happened, anyway.

That still wasn't as bad as the time I woke up to screaming at 5am. Turns out she'd brought in an uninjured and quite enraged crow and after she lost her grip on it, it had begun to dive-bomb my in-laws and their children, in their beds. And of course the cat was landing all over them like a sack of potatoes, as she leaped around after the bird. The whole "you can't close the dog door" decree was reversed somewhere between flinging open windows, and having to repair a ceiling fan that the bird had flown into hard enough to bend the blades.

Comment

OMG I'm glad MY cat is not the only one catching squirrels. He got one once, killed it, and left it right in front of the tv in the living room for me to find. At which point I'm like .

Someone else had to take it outside. This was in addition to the mice and birds always left on the back patio. I have to watch where I step every time I go out there.

Oh and once in a while he likes to bring a live bird into the house and play with it there. I had to vacuum a trail of feathers up one time because of him
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Our first fuzzbucket caught a bird while outside (we used to let him out for short periods unsupervised), brought it into the house and dropped it at mum's feet when she was in the study. Fortunately the study has vinyl flooring which made it a LOT easier.

My mum's reaction was to grab the cat, hand it over to me in my bedroom, so that she could clean up the mess from the bird. Poor birdy was still alive, so dad had to put it out of its misery. The cat however, was pawing at the door and had blood and feathers hanging around his mouth. As a reward, mum washed his face for him
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Zonk likes to catch mice, play with them (including on the bed) and then leave them where you can fine them, like in front of the bathroom door. It's not fun to wake up to being hit in the face by a dead mouse. She's a good mouser though, homes where we lived in Alaska all have mice problem (no matter when built). We thought we had 2, maybe 3...nope she got 7. She also found an old glue trap we used, got stuck to it and then stuck to the dog when she came to check our the noise. It was hard to unstuck her with how much we were laughing.

Comment

Working...
                X