Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are so impatient and entitled these days!

A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I stayed at a hotel. The first room we were put in was...not great. There was a bit of garbage on the floor, the AC stopped working after about 10 minutes, the wooden table in the room had a small crack on it and when I went to call the front desk...phone did't work.

Frustrated but sane, I walked back down to the front desk, calmly explained my issues and the agent upgraded us to a nicer room at no additional charge without me having to ask for it and the rest of our stay went without issue. She actually thanked me for NOT blaming her for the problems.

It's just that, she's not housekeeping, or the AC technician or with the phone company. She's not the owner either so I had no reason to blame her for anything. The lack of logic in society these days really saddens me.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Huh. Y'know, when my sisters stayed at a hotel in Myrtle Beach and it turned out to be something of a pit, it never occurred to them to go cause a ruckus at the front desk and/or demand their money back.

When we were at a con some years ago and the fire alarm went off 4 or 5 separate times (at least 3 of which were after we went to bed) and it turned out to be a glitch in the wiring, we never caused a ruckus and demanded a refund.

And the bitch in the OP? WTF was wrong with her?? She couldn't pull out her own phone and Google sports bars in whatever town? Really??

Sideways, with a bag of pineapples.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        And the bitch in the OP? WTF was wrong with her?? She couldn't pull out her own phone and Google sports bars in whatever town? Really??

Sideways, with a bag of pineapples.
        I guess she felt she was too entitled to check Google herself. Heaven forbid her to actually *gasp* think for herself.

Besides, that's what the peons at the desk are for. I'm frankly surprised she didn't demand to be hand fed grapes and have fans on her at the same time.

And I second the motion for a bag of pineapples . . . with NO lube either.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          . . . with NO lube either.
          Cyanoacrylate lube?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Cyanoacrylate lube?
            Wonder if she'd be dense enough to mistake that for K-Y.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              And I second the motion for a bag of pineapples . . . with NO lube either.
              Please let "pineapples" be a slang term, rather than the actual tropical fruit. And be sure to remove the pins before doing it.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Please let "pineapples" be a slang term, rather than the actual tropical fruit. And be sure to remove the pins before doing it.
                Well, it wasn't when I said it, but this works too...
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  Well, it wasn't when I said it, but this works too...
                  Gives a new meaning to the phrase

"Rest in Pieces."

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    "Pineapple" is slang for hand grenade. Ouch.

Comment

Working...
                    X