Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

random advice... freely given of course.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random advice... freely given of course.

I work at a store that sells licensed T-shirts. brand name stuff. There's over 2000 shirts. the store didn't start out this way but there's no mistaking that now the merch is mostly t-shirts. Licensed t-shirts. It must be said that it should be obvious to anyone that the shirts are NOT made on premise.
    some of the things that the customers say are clearly not well thought out... well.. I'll let you decide.

" do you sell sunglasses? "
    No. we dont' sell sunglasses. We sell licensed shirts . maybe the drug stores will have them.
    "you don't sell sunglasses. REally? you really should you know. "
    okay.
    " well , do you sell Ties? "
    Ties? ah.. no.. we have a t-shirt that has a Tie on it though.
    " I need a tie.. not a t-shirt. you should sell Ties. everyone wants one"
    well, we sell t-shirts here. < I was polite >
    " you don't have to be an a5$ hole ! you have a nice day Sir..." said all snarky and mean...then walks out.

Ties

What is this nonsense that everyone wants ties.

One of the happiest day of my life was going to Apple Tech Training and they showed how ties destroy the ROMs of the AppleLaser Printer.

I got to stop wearing ties while doing repairs and the failure rate for Apple Laser PostScript upgrades fell from 50% to almost 0%.
    Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 04-09-2015, 11:32 PM.

Comment

What is it with people who go into a store that doesn't sell what they want and they have to ARGUE with you about it?! What do they expect? That you're going to snap your fingers and produce a storeful of whatever they came in looking for?

Gahhh, I cannot stand IDIOTS.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
        One of the happiest day of my life was going to Apple Tech Training and they showed how ties destroy the ROMs of the AppleLaser Printer.
        Just curious, but how does a tie destroy the ROM?
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I think the point was that not everyone wants ties, because wearing one created distractions that led to other actions that destroyed the ROM.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Ties

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Just curious, but how does a tie destroy the ROM?
            Back then cheaper ROMs did not have static protection, it took very little static to destroy a ROM. When working on a board exchanging all the ROM by hand even if you used an anti-static mat and had a grounding wire tied to your hand, if the tie fell/brushed against any of the ROM it was possible to blow the chip.

Yes, I know two tie clips used together would had held the tie out of the way, but what I told my boss was "Apple said not to wear ties while working on their boards" and since the failure rate dropped to the floor he saw no reason to ask any other questions.

Besides, what good is a tie for a computer tech?

Do want me to look good at the job, or be good at the job?

Yes, we had customers who tried the first option, they quick came back to us for repairs.
            Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 04-10-2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              What is it with people who go into a store that doesn't sell what they want and they have to ARGUE with you about it?! What do they expect? That you're going to snap your fingers and produce a storeful of whatever they came in looking for?

Gahhh, I cannot stand IDIOTS.
              They have a specific want/need.
              then fight and argue with you about why you should have it.
              According to them, the store should have a complete section devoted to Ties.
              WHEN THE ITEM DOESN'T FIT THE STORE BUSINESS MODEL.

We sell widgits. They come in asking for cogs. We don't sell cogs.
              IF we sold cogs, the name of the store would be " the cog store ".
              but it isn't.
              it's WIDGITS BE US"

apart from the complete randomness of their specific want & inappropriateness of their question, it amazes me that the actually want to made a big deal out of it.
              a normal response to being told ' no. sorry " would be " 'well , it was worth a try.. thanks. I'll carry on. have a good day!" and just leave.

Comment

It is common at the Warehouse to cycle through certain foods in the area I have bunkered down in. We have certain cakes/pies/cheesecakes/other such indulgences that we either make or put out, like we'll have pumpkin pie October-ish through the end of December and certain cakes during the summer months. These things are ONLY sold during these times.

Cue many people bitching up a storm that we don't have their damn pumpkin pies in the middle of March because "they got it during Christmas!" or their strawberry cakes during Halloween. Yea, well, we aren't selling it now because it's not the holidays and the fact that strawberries aren't in season during October.

Fun Fact: I HATE, despise, LOATHE, want to destroy every last pumpkin on the face of this planet so they won't be used in pumpkin pies again. Used to love pumpkin pie, now I can't stand the sight of them.
                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

older couple come in. 50 - 60 +. " he keeps his sunglasses on.
                  trying to stay up on all the stuff the cools kids do" they tell me.
                  `what`s a band shirt?" I explain. I specifically tell them that these are licensed shirts.
                  "so do you just throw them on the racks randomly or is there a system. "
                  I try to hold back the heavy sigh as I get that comment every day. it shows that they didn't put much thought behind that question.
                  I explain that I have them arranged alphabetically. A - Z from the front of the store to the back of the store.
                  " where's the front of the store ?" I explain that the front is where the entrance is , where they came in.
                  "So if I want AC /DC shirts , where would they be ?" uproarious laughter ensues.
                  I have no idea what they are laughing at. But I don't want to get in to a finger trap so I don't go there.
                  that would be with the other bands that start with A in the A section.
                  " you should arrange your shirts according to size."
                  I thank her . She looks at some shirts. She laughs when she encounters the BEatles.
                  The man folds him arms across his chest, looks at me from behind his Vuarnet sunglasses and says " HOw about your make me a shirt? you do make these shirts yourself? "
                  I explain that these are licensed shirts. We don't hold the license, just sell them. Boss buys them and I sell them.
                  " you should buy the license and start making them yourself, that's where the smart money is! "
                  ok.. I'll pass that advice along. so have you picked out an AC / DC shirt ?
                  " no.. I am not interested in AC /DC. I just thought it was hilarious that you have them "

this goes on at least 4 -5 times per day. People having no idea what they're talking about passing along useless advice. Then getting upset with me when I don't act up on it. some people handle it well. others - not so much.

Comment

you match other store's prices right?"
                    yes, internet or store front. no problem.
                    "great. "
                    you just have to buy the same total price as what they want and they must carry the exact same shirts as the ones you get from me.
                    "huh"
                    well, you can't expect me to match prices on things that they don't even carry ? I have 4 starving kids to feed ! ( a quote from Total Recall that didn't work - must resist the urge to quote from 20 year old movies)

"so you won't sell me this shirt at 25 % off? "

wait... you want 1 shirt when the store ad clearly says " 100 dollars + "
                    and you want a premium shirt that they don't even carry and you want it at 25% off. ?

yes..." said without any sense of wrong doing or knowledge that this entire thing was a bit shady.

no.. NOt going to do it. it has to be the same shirts. I have the internet , I can just check.

customer is upset that the 100 minimum must be met and the same shirts must be bought as those from the internet store.

pays. then says ' last time I shop here."

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post

Cue many people bitching up a storm that we don't have their damn pumpkin pies in the middle of March because "they got it during Christmas!" or their strawberry cakes during Halloween. Yea, well, we aren't selling it now because it's not the holidays and the fact that strawberries aren't in season during October.
                      Just had a customer walk up to one of the Deli girls while she was outside on a smoke break (I was also outside on the bench with her, waiting for Mom as I was already done for the day) and asked if we had any Sweet Potato pies available.

She told him we only carry those in November and December during the holidays, to which he commented we should carry those year round.

If I weren't so tired (and also engrossed in a game of Cookie Jam) I'd have told him to do what my Mom does when she want something that's out of season: make it herself.

But I didn't. I instead waited for him to wander off down the sidewalk and the two of us shared an eye roll and a good laugh.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X