This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
    I think we just saw more proof that crack doesn't smoke itself.
    Weeeeeeeeeee! I'm being quoted

But seriously, do these people lead such extraordinary lives that there's a massive conspiracy to mess with them? Somehow, I doubt it.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Soooo, if she was SO SURE the price was $4.99, why did she ask for a price check? Oh wait, she's crazy. There's some serious mental issues involved when someone goes so far as to interfere with your work.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        Soooo, if she was SO SURE the price was $4.99, why did she ask for a price check? Oh wait, she's crazy. There's some serious mental issues involved when someone goes so far as to interfere with your work.
        I thought at first that perhaps it had been on sale the week before and that she was mistaking it for that, but nope. She went on about how she was a customer for 20 years. If you've been shopping at our stores for 2 decades, you should understand prices by now!

And with the last part, management actually told her back off and let me do my job.

From what a coworker told me, she ended up getting her juice for free.
        "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
          Had one lady while I still worked at Random Craft Store get all huffy over a penny. She was buying one of those small, glass jars that are often found in the candle aisle, it rang up at $1 and she started bitching up a storm that it was supposed to be ringing up at .99 instead of $1. Then she started to demand a manager over it, saying that I was overcharging her and a bunch of other stuff.

She left right before a manager came over, didn't buy it because we overcharged her by a cent.
          Years and years ago when I worked at a Burger King, I had some guy go absolutely ape-shit over a penny. Even 30 years ago some people got crazy over a STUPID FRACKIIN PENNY!!!!!!

During lunch rush a customer alledged that the driver thru cashier shorted him a penny. He then started to throw what could be only described as a 3 year old type temper tantrum. He started throwing his food at the front end staff *(meaning me and a couple of cashiers). He then started throwing his change all over the place coins and bills).

I even offered to go into my OWN pocket and GIVE him his penny, but he just kept ranting and throwing his now BIG temper tantrum complete with arm flailing and yelling.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
            I hate this so much! They are proven wrong, won't accept it, and will try ANYTHING to pin the blame on you even if what's coming out of their mouth is completely irrational.
            It's an ego-defense mechanism. Some people's self-esteem so fragile that it would crumble like a sand castle at high tide if they ever had to admit they were wrong. That said, sometimes it's a mental health issue. If I wasn't medicated I might have done the same thing. Your mind tends to glom onto one thing and refuse to let go with certain conditions. I still have to fight that during certain times of the month.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
            X