This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Twilight Zone

I have been (re)watching this great series recently, and was wondering if anyone else had a particularly favorite episode of the series.

The one that sticks out to me more than any other is "Time Enough at Last". I wear glasses, and enjoy reading, so it's the one that gets to me every time.

The one I literally can't stand is "Mute". It seems unnecessarily cruel, and the end never made much sense to me.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Oh, I do like "Time Enough At Last." Oh, the irony. I am a big TZ fan. One of my favorites is "The Midnight Sun" and the one where the little girl goes in the 4th dimension through her wall.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      ... the one where the little girl goes in the 4th dimension through her wall.
      "Little Girl Lost" by Richard Matheson.

SC
      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Comment

OK, I admit that one scared me as a kid; I was al freaked out about the wall behind my bed and my mom was mad at Dad for letting me watch it. Another fave is the one with the mannequin Marsha. (sorry, I don't know any titles). I have a digital box, no cable, and it comes on our retro channel at 10 pm weeknights, so I do sometimes get my TZ fix.

Comment

Funnily enough I was discussing an episode of this the other day.. The Star.
          I admit I haven't seen a lot of the shows, something I need to rectify, but that episode stuck out as I found it incredibly moving, even though I'm not particularly religeous.

As it was based on an Arthur C Clarke short story, I managed to find a version to read too

(URL goes to an internet archive page)
          Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Time enough to last was one of my favorites too! I always wonder where I'll get a prescription when the Zombie Apocalypse happens! So many other good episodes too, they still make you think.
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

The one where a very talkative man makes a bet that he won't be able to speak for a year.

The one where a woman driving cross-country keeps seeing the same hitchhiker, no matter how fast she drives.

And, of course, "How to Serve Man". WHAT a classic!

Comment

Mine is "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street".
                Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Another fave is the one with the mannequin Marsha.
                  "The After Hours" starring Anne Francis

Quoth Eireann View Post
                  The one where a very talkative man makes a bet that he won't be able to speak for a year.
                  "The Silence" stariing Franchot Tone

Quoth Eireann View Post
                  The one where a woman driving cross-country keeps seeing the same hitchhiker, no matter how fast she drives.
                  "The Hitchhiker" starring Inger Stevens
                  Quoth Andrew B.
                  Mine is "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street".
                  I actually prefer the remake "The Monsters Are on Maple Street" from the 2002 series hosted by Forrest Whitaker. Instead of aliens, its our own military performing experiments. That just makes it a bit more realistic for me.

Another couple of my favorites are "Deaths-Head Revisited" and "The Trade-ins" both starring Joseph Schildkraut.

SC

Comment

Yeah, you wouldn't have known it to see his Twilight Zone performances, but Joseph Schildkraut was absolutely stunning during his heyday in the silent era. He was a great actor.

"Jess-Belle" is another interesting episode, and man, talk about your obvious name references!

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post
                      As it was based on an Arthur C Clarke short story, I managed to find a version to read too

(URL goes to an internet archive page)
                      I was in a college literature class a bunch of years ago where each of us had to read a story to the class. That was the one I chose. Had a couple of people crying by the end.

I'm no longer Catholic myself, but that one gets to me every time.

ETA: As for Twilight Zone? Too many to count. That was one amazing show; way ahead of its time.

Comment

I actually think the maple street is my favorite episode.

Comment

I actually think the maple street is my favorite episode.
                          Agreed, although a close second is The Hunt, where a man refuses to enter what he thinks is heaven because they won't allow him to bring his dog.

Comment

Then there's "Living Doll", a VERY freaky episode.

Not to mention "Number 12 Looks Just Like You", one of those episodes where the name is just as weird as the story.

Comment

The fact some of you can name the titles I'm in awe of. I think my all time favorite was where they made the librarian obsolete and he took the judge with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X