This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Juniper

My beautiful girl, sent gently into the arms of Bast this morning. There's a raw, empty place inside of me right now. It hurts so much when you have to let them go. She was old and ill, and had gotten very thin and weak; but this pic is how I'll always remember her, young and gorgeous.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Juniper.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	2033384
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

*oodles of hugs*
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Poor kitty

I do know how it feels. It fucking sucks I've lost a couple--2 in 6 months, in fact. I had Kitty since he was a kitten. He was really my grandmother's cat, but after she sold her farm, I brought him home. He lived with me for about a year...before getting fluid in his lungs, and he had to be put to sleep Without him around, the house just seemed too quiet and lonely. I had to get another cat. I found a very sweet, playful, white cat named Snow at the shelter. Nobody wanted her, because she was deaf. Sadly, she died of a heart attack in my kitchen 6 months later. Snow was only 2.

But, I try to look at it this way. Kitty was in a *lot* of pain, and even with the surgery, he probably wouldn't have survived--he was 12 by then. He's no longer in pain, and can enjoy lots of treats, petting, and all the yarn he can play with. Of course, I'm sure Snow, and Kirby (Grandma's other cat, who disappeared some 30 years prior) are there too. I have a feeling that Juniper is in a similar situation--no longer in pain, and enjoying treats, balls of yarn, etc. and playing with other departed kitties.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I wish I had something to say that wasn't painfully cliché or blatantly stolen....

*HUG*
        The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

I'm very sorry for your loss.
          "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

*hugs* Just remember that now she has all the nice sunny spots, things to chase, and good food a cat can ever want. With endless fields and wonders to carouse.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

It hurts to lose a furry friend, the ones who give unlimited, unconditional love and ask nothing but love and care in return. Juniper loved you as much as you loved her, and she's no longer in any pain.

You're hurting right now, understandably so, but you did the right thing. Many of us, myself included, have been in your place and know how you're feeling. We're here for you.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Lots of hugs for you! I'm sure she couldn't have had a better life.
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I'm sorry, MoonCat. *hugs*
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'm sorry your baby is gone. In that pic she looks like she's asking for more beads
                    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I'm so sorry. She was a cutie. It's never easy letting go.

I lost my avatar Casey in December. His passing was sudden, and unexpected as he was only 6. It does get easier. As the days go by, that pain in your heart will diminish. I just adopted a new kitten, & will bring him home next Friday. Hopefully when you're ready, you can find a new friend to make some more memories.
                      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Mooncat I am so sorry for your loss of your furbaby. I lost my 15 year old "shower cat" Claude in 2010 to a stroke. He had been in my life since the day he was born.

Hang in there and give yourself the time to grieve. Letting go is difficult and it sucks even when we know it must be done. I wish I could reach through the computer and give you a hug right now. I noticed that in time the memories of the time I shared with Claude slowly replaced the pain of the loss. I still have my days where I miss my baby and it took me a few months not to break down in tears in the shower. It is hard to do this but try to remember your baby is now pain free and enjoying life all over again at the rainbow bridge.

Comment

*huge hugs* I'm so sorry Mooncat!
                          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

She is following her dreams in the arms of Bast now, but I know it hurts. Hugs!
                            Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Mooncat, my deepest sympathies. She was a beautiful, beautiful cat. <hugs>
                              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
                              X