This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    Bus season! Twain season! Bus season! Twain season! Twain season! Bus season! Blam!
    *rips down poster*

TOW TRUCK SEASON

Uh oh...........
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      *rips down poster*

TOW TRUCK SEASON

Uh oh...........
      Well now!

*cocks shotgun*
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
        To catch a train, you have to sneak up on it quietly from from behind while it's resting and hope it doesn't see you.

Those trains are a tricky thing to catch!
        Ships are alot easier to avoid...

Comment

Quoth RobertM View Post
          Is that a real steam engine?
          That is a somewhat legitimate question. I've seen small electrics and even tractors "dressed up" as steam engines.

Comment

Quoth Dadeo View Post
            That is a somewhat legitimate question. I've seen small electrics and even tractors "dressed up" as steam engines.
            Yes it was a real steam engine, running on coal and water.

We only have the real thing!!!
            Robert
            Peterborough Cambridgeshire

Comment

The steam engines were in Octopussy if you want to watch them in action.
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Speaking of Mr. Bond, a magician acquaintance of mine down here runs a dive shop with his wife, and one of their boats, the Sea Eagle, was featured in "License to Kill." And when I say "featured," I only mean that it was in the movie at some point. Since I have not actually seen the movie, I can't say where or how much, but I do know that much of that film was shot down here in the Keys, and they did use that boat in it. I often pass it as I walk along the harbor on my way to or from work.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                  The steam engines were in Octopussy if you want to watch them in action.
                  Yes part was shot at the station I run, though before I was there.
                  Robert

Comment

A friend of mine saw them shooting it, so my family rushed to see what we could see. But filming had finished I think, all we saw were a couple of film company trucks.
                    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                      A friend of mine saw them shooting it, so my family rushed to see what we could see. But filming had finished I think, all we saw were a couple of film company trucks.
                      Yes I have some pictures of the James Bond shooting and some other films/tv programmes as well.

Good income for the railway, mind you I am sure there will be a few sucky stories there somewhere!!!
                      Robert

Comment

Quoth RobertM View Post
                        Yes it was a real steam engine, running on coal and water.

We only have the real thing!!!
                        But if you only have the Real Thing, the engine should be running on Coke and water.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I've seen miniature engines that are diesels dressed up as steamers, but nothing like that in "full size" - by which I mean 2-foot gauge and up. I'm pretty sure Nene Valley is full-size standard gauge, and very obviously so. As a rule of thumb, if the loco is taller than the driver, it is exactly what it looks like.

It's also generally pretty obvious from the sounds they make. A steam loco makes very little noise when it's at a standstill, unless the fireman is careless enough to make it blow off. The differences become even more obvious when they start moving.

Comment

Working...
                          X