Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Don't Remember the Phone Having Bite Marks in it Before Today....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kinda saw one on base in pearl harbor while I was on duty. However it was within a week or 2 of 9/11 so my duty section leader had those of us not involved scanning the pier to ensure it wasn't a distraction.

And back in CONUS, I saw one while driving down the road, all in flames. IIRC the FD was already a the scene. still, it's an eye opening sight...

oh and from the past... maybe the late 80s or early 90s, the Mail Lady's postal vehicle caught on fire too. Some of our mail was singed, some destroyed. Dunno how that one started but I guess she smelled the fire and jumped out right before it blazed up, or so she told us.

Comment

Reminds me of a wrecker who came in at 3:00 am to buy shoes. I remember that, because when he came in he wasn't wearing any. Turns out the cops had called him to a pretty horrific wreck and his shoes were so soaked with blood he had thrown them out. Apparently a drunk driver hit the shoulder and rolled his car... a lot. Guy said he thought he saw something in the dark and picked it up. It was a severed hand. I think he would have preferred a fire, least it's clean.

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
        Reminds me of a wrecker who came in at 3:00 am to buy shoes. I remember that, because when he came in he wasn't wearing any. Turns out the cops had called him to a pretty horrific wreck and his shoes were so soaked with blood he had thrown them out. Apparently a drunk driver hit the shoulder and rolled his car... a lot. Guy said he thought he saw something in the dark and picked it up. It was a severed hand. I think he would have preferred a fire, least it's clean.
        depends on whether or not there's a body in the fire.

Comment

If the fire's hot enough, it's still clean.

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
            ...if a car on fire is a normal day, I'd hate to see a holiday rush. Just sayin'.
            A whole parking lot on fire?
            Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
              A whole parking lot on fire?
              At Walmart.
              My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
                At Walmart.
                What a lovely new holiday tradition.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...