This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry to hear that.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

• Quoth fireheart View Post
      I think it may be beneficial as well, that we have some crisis numbers put up on the website if anyone else is planning to commit suicide. While it's too late for Plaid, we are all a supportive community (as evidenced by the messages here) and this is one way of providing the support.
      And I repeat my earlier statement that anyone wanting my number to talk merely has to ask. And several other CSers have it, including at least one of the mods. And yes, mods, I have no problem with any of you giving out my number to anyone who feels they need it for such a talk.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
        And I repeat my earlier statement that anyone wanting my number to talk merely has to ask. And several other CSers have it, including at least one of the mods. And yes, mods, I have no problem with any of you giving out my number to anyone who feels they need it for such a talk.
        Jester, that is a good idea, but I was referring to people who can't call your number (i.e. those of us not in the US) or who don't feel comfortable calling you because they don't know you well enough etc.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• I'll post in more detail later - but for now, this song came to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBqCpd31JPA

Comment

• I'll second what Jester said. A lot of you have me on Facebook already, and that's got my email, my cell #, and my Skype info. Send me a PM here if you want. Some of my contact info is in my public profile, just click on my name. I have unlimited data and texts, so don't hesitate to blow up my phone if you need to. And while I don't have unlimited minutes (except nights and weekends, check local listings), I won't object to being called if you need someone to talk to. And as I said already, I've got Skype so you can ring me there when I'm on. I'll gladly give my # if you need it. Just PM me if you don't have FB.

For those of you who don't know, I've been through a LOT of pain and suffering in my personal life. I've been through emergencies with my children, had a debilitating health problem that almost killed me (which was fixed but I literally was in constant pain every single day for 15 months in between surgeries), I've been through emotional hell time and time again, I've been an abused spouse (mostly emotional abuse, but I was hit a few times too), had legal trouble, money trouble, I've been arrested twice, I'm going through a divorce, and I hated my body and myself for far too long. I've contemplated suicide more times than I care to think about, and had one serious attempt when I was 15. I walked away from a car wreck that should have killed me, and for that matter, I've nearly died/been killed a few too many times than I want to count. I worked retail and customer service jobs for 10 years, I literally got paid to be screamed at when I was a customer care rep. Now I work in a prison where I not only continue to deal with unbalanced people, but they can, and have, gotten physically violent with me. I haven't been through everything and I don't have all the answers, but I'm here for anyone who needs me. I've been told all my life I'm a great listener. I don't have internet access at work and I can't have my mobile phone at work, but I will get back to you when I can. I became something of a celebrity on this site (totally by accident, mind you), and I've always tried to do my best to respond to everyone, and it won't be hard to keep doing it.

Plaidman helped a lot of us through some really tough times, even if it was just to be there to listen or to randomly send someone a kind and/or funny message. He showed me how much that can make a difference to someone who's going through a dark time. I'm not going to even try to take his place, but I'd like to honor his memory and return the kindness and comfort he showed me by being able to do the same thing for others. It's not much, but it's the least I can do.

I'm here.
            Last edited by Kara; 06-30-2011, 07:35 AM.
            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

RIP Plaid, I wish I had gotten to know you better.

I think it may be beneficial as well, that we have some crisis numbers put up on the website if anyone else is planning to commit suicide. While it's too late for Plaid, we are all a supportive community (as evidenced by the messages here) and this is one way of providing the support.
              I made sure when I made my first post in this thread, I posted a link for many different suicide prevention links and numbers. I got it off of the post secret site.

I know I'm not close to many on the boards, but if anyone needs to chat, or feel like in the future they could need to chat, drop me a line, and I will have no problems giving out my contact info.

Sometimes the best person to vent to is one who doesn't know you at all. No previous judgement then.

Comment

• Reading all these posts are making me tear up. I really hope people realize the support and love that can be found amongst these ranks before its too late.

Is there an obit to read? Ive been googling to no avail.

Comment

• I'm having a hard time knowing what to say. I feel sad that Plaid felt the only way to escape his pain was to take his own life. I feel even sadder for his family and the friends he left behind.
                  He struck me as a decent person. I only hope he was able to find peace.
                  Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

• I hope you're at peace now Plaid. I'm thinking of your family and loved ones on here and outwith the internet. I didn't know you, but I'll miss you.
                    "The pepper spray was cruel but to hit them with Barry Manilow was just plain vicious,"

Comment

Jester, that is a good idea, but I was referring to people who can't call your number (i.e. those of us not in the US) or who don't feel comfortable calling you because they don't know you well enough etc.
                      Oh, I was not at all saying that I am or should be the only number anyone calls. I may be arrogant, but I'm not THAT full of myself. I think it's great that we have several numbers available for CS members that may feel they need them, whether it be the various very awesome hotlines, Kara's, mine, whoever's. I just wanted to make sure people knew I was absolutely serious about this.

Quoth Kara View Post
                      I have unlimited data and texts, so don't hesitate to blow up my phone if you need to. And while I don't have unlimited minutes...

I don't have internet access at work and I can't have my mobile phone at work, but I will get back to you when I can.
                      In this same vein, I have unlimited everything, so if you need to talk for a while, or send a text or texts, by all means, it won't inconvenience me at all, but like Kara, when I am at work, I am basically not really reachable, as we are not supposed to answer our cells, and being a bartender, not exactly online while working. I can get texts while at work, though I'm not supposed to, but I can't always get right back to someone texting me if I'm busy or have stuff going on at work. So be aware of that.

Still A Customer."

Comment

• Woke up thinking of a beautiful Irish prayer I used to sing.

May the road rise to meet you.
                        May the wind blow at your back.
                        My the sun shine warmly on your face.
                        And until we meet again
                        May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

We didn't "meet", per se, but my wish is that all is easy and happy for him now.
                        The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

• This is one of my personal favorite Irish toasts. And with the friendship Plaid and I had, it's pretty much appropriate in its inappropriateness.

"May your glass be ever full.
                          May the roof over your head be always strong.
                          And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."

No way the devil noticed Plaid's passing, as he was too busy being distracted by my dumb ass.

Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                            No way the devil noticed Plaid's passing, as he was too busy being distracted by my dumb ass.
                            Naked table dancing?

Edited to add: Anyone that needs/wants to talk or be cheered up is welcome to PM me as well.
                            Last edited by Mishi; 06-30-2011, 01:06 PM.
                            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Oh, the possibilities are endless. That is merely one of them.

Still A Customer."

Comment

• Plaid...you will be missed.

This world is too fucking cruel to have you.
                                I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
                                X