This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy crap, interstate transfer!!!!

So my SO got a job interstate. It's for a small webhosting company located in Sydney's suburbia.

Therefore, guess who's going with him?

So now I have to speak to work about how I would go about applying for an interstate transfer. This is going to be fun I can tell!

Already I know I'll have to apply for yet another police check ($80) and do another child protection course ($105). Then comes the fun part of finding transport.

Too bad pepper spray is illegal interstate (Fun fact: the only state where it's legal to have pepper spray is WA. NT and Tassie allow police/defence/prison guards to use pepper spray, everywhere else it's illegal)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Good luck in this move.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      Good luck in this move.
      Thanks!

I also have a slight brag-worthy moment as well (which has been kept under wraps at work for good reason).

I spoke to someone yesterday about the transfer process and they reassured me that finding schools for me over there will NOT be hard provided I'm willing to possibly travel a bit. What's working in my favour is the fact that I'll be a "Five-fiver" (meaning I can work five mornings, five afternoons and I'll get a split shift allowance on top of that, adding about an extra $75 onto my paycheck per week), the fact that I'm going for my certified licence and Sydney's public transport network is INCREDIBLY thorough. (Also, all the places we're looking at are near either a bus or train station) They asked me about coordinating, but I said that I'd like to start as an assistant and learn my way around NSW and network a bit first (So the aim will be to coordinate by Term 4 on a fill-in basis)

Now comes the fun part.

I have to:

-Complete my police check paperwork, which also requires me to fly over there for identity purposes. (Grrr....so about $260 all up including flights. Accommodation wont be an issue)
      -Complete a child protection course (Which can be done online and is around $105. Work is willing to allow some flexibility on the timing of this one and I can do this while working)
      -Talk to my current bosses about the fact that I'll be leaving. I've already cut out one of my schools as I'll no longer be able to go up there when term starts and I wasn't there long enough for the kids to actually form a long-term relationship with any of them. TWo of my other schools I've been there for at least 12-18 months, so they'll be missing me more.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
      X