Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearly they're telling me something...

So today I had to work with a new-old manager. New-old in that she's returned to her job from upper management, but it's a site she worked at. I love her

She has now become the FOURTH person to suggest that I should go for my certification that would enable me to run an after-school care program. The first three? BossLady from Sister Site with my main site, Bosslady from my Second Site and the regional Bossman before he left.

Clearly work's trying to suggest that I should go for it!

(I told NewOld Manager today that I'd be holding off until after my teaching prac)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

And the count has now gone up to 7.

Why 7? Because I've also had:

-The coordinator from DistantSite ask me within the first five minutes of meeting me (Yes, either I have that much of a reputation or to her, showing up on time is coordinator-worthy )

-The replacement coordinator for current BossMan's old site (I work there one day a week).

-And of all people, BossMan himself.

Comment

I think they might be trying to give you a subtle hint. Can't imagine what they could be suggesting

Welp, whatever it may be, it could be worth looking into. Heck, maybe they'll get the company to pay for it if the need is great enough...
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        I think they might be trying to give you a subtle hint. Can't imagine what they could be suggesting

Welp, whatever it may be, it could be worth looking into. Heck, maybe they'll get the company to pay for it if the need is great enough...
        The cost for the certification is $30 and I can claim it on tax.

The certification is basically the first step towards becoming a site leader. Unlike my previous job however, being a site leader does not mean removing one's spine. If we do something, it's either for legal reasons or for safety reasons (or in the case of one site, we don't do electronic devices for the fact that we have 70 kids, they just crowd around the devices all day and then fights and arguments break out, which results in the damage of said electronics. Some of the schools have a 1:1 laptop/iPad policy which we allow but only at certain points).

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          being a site leader does not mean removing one's spine.
          No, no, spine removal is extra. It costs around ten million bucks. That's why people in upper management strive to get to the executive level, so they can get to the point where they make enough money to pay for the spell surgery. Why else do you think they get paid so much?
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            No, no, spine removal is extra. It costs around ten million bucks. That's why people in upper management strive to get to the executive level, so they can get to the point where they make enough money to pay for the spell surgery. Why else do you think they get paid so much?

We have these "mascots" that the kids are meant to be able to relate to, so they represent various hobbies and interests. One of them is a "spaceman".

The running joke at work prior to the changeover of bossman at my main site was that head office were represented by the "spacemen"
            Oddly enough, One of the site leaders I've worked with was the regional manager for a while (one of them anyway) but hated the job and returned to her current site. The parents and I love her for it, me because she is very no-nonsense with the kids.

Comment

And as of today:

Coordinator count: 8.
              The number of the above coordinators who are or were in upper management who have suggested this: 3

This has been:

-Bossman from Mainsite
              -Bosslady from Mainsite's Sister site.
              -Bosslady from Tiny-Ass Site with special needs kidss.
              -Former bosslady from Slightly Larger site with special needs.
              -Bosslady from Bossman's former site.
              -Bosslady who used to be Upper-Boss lady and is now "regular Bosslady".
              -Former Upper-Bossman (who left and was the former manager from Slightly Larger site)
              -Bosslady who currently floats between two sites and I met her today (and is about to become Slightly-Higher-Bosslady)

I've also been told by Slightly-HIgher-Bosslady not to tell the current temporary site leaders that I'm going for my certified. My other three main sites and the Slightly-Higher-Bosslady all know I'm going for my certification as all of them apart from Slightly-Higher-Bosslady have requested that I do so (more to act as a fill-in should they be absent). In essence that puts me as 2IC or 3IC for each site, although for my Mainsite, that puts me at around 3IC (as I've been at that site longer than most of the other staff barring one other)
              Last edited by fireheart; 04-07-2014, 09:14 AM.

Comment

And now head office has gotten in on the act.

When I rang them to inquire about moving interstate and what I needed to do, the second I dropped the "I'm going for my certified" and I'll be able to work 5 days a week mornings and afternoons, they dropped the "How would you feel about running a site?" line.

I told them not at that stage, as I'd like to get to know everyone first.

Comment

Working...
                X