X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh SHIIIITTTT!!!!!

Yesterday sucked.

I was at [hospital site] again. I'd just been there the entire previous week and there was a particular tabletop copier/fax/printer that was giving us fits. There's a problem with the toner loading mechanism that's causing it to think the toner bottle is empty when it isn't. It's a frustratingly common problem with this particular model.

We had just had a technician in to work on it only an hour before and he thought he'd fixed the problem. But we got another call about it, and once again it was a toner issue.

Now the tech had just put a new toner bottle in, so it couldn't have been out, but on the off-chance that the bottle was defective I grabbed another and headed up to the nurses station where the machine was. There I made an attempt to reseat the existing bottle to try and get it to work.

Then - without warning - the top of the toner bottle popped off!!!

Remember this story?

Quoth Zoom View Post
    Nice use of red herring. I've seen toner cartridge accidents, and they're... bad.
    No red herring this time....toner POURED out of the bottle - which of course was pointing downward!!!! - and gushed onto the counter, the file cabinet under the counter, and all over the floor. A nice cloud also billowed up around the machine, and since I had the front access panel open at the time, toner blew all over the inside of the copier as well.

Me : Oh SHIT!!!!!!

Man you should've seen the looks on the faces of everyone nearby. There were half a dozen nurses and doctors and a couple patients around the nurses station. Although most of the toner was right near me, the cloud settled on literally EVERYTHING within about an eight foot radius of the me.

Yeeeaaaah.........not good.....not good at all......

I had to hustle out of there and get the toner vacuum from the copy center. You can't use a regular vacuum on toner because the particles are too fine. But this thing was meant to vacuum out loose toenr from insde a machine....not clean up a major spill. I was able to at least vacuum up the piles of toner. Housekeeping had to be called to completely clean the entire nurses' station.

Needless to say, I had to take that machine out of service and put a loaner in place. I also had toner all over me and even though I washed up, I had to take a shower when I got home because it had penetrated through my clothing and was all over my chest and stomach.

Oh, and one of hte nurses had the extreme misfortune of not only having put her purses right under that counter by the copier, but she was using a mesh bag for a purse......

She was pissed but thankfully not at me. The one saving grace here was that everyone who witnessed it as well as the housekeeping staff immediately recognized that this was an accident and didn't take it out on me one bit.

Still....baaaaad day.....but at least it's the weekend now.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

If it means the copier might have to be replaced, they might love you for it now.

Comment

Ideally, replaced with a completely different model >_> Is there any chance they might at least consider your advice if you suggest that? o_O
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Ideally, replaced with a completely different model >_> Is there any chance they might at least consider your advice if you suggest that? o_O
        [boss logic]WTF? This doofus managed to dump an entire toner cartridge, and he's recommending we replace the unit with a different model? Since that advice is coming from someone who's clearly incompetent, it's obvious that this is the BEST model of printer/copier/scanner on the market.[/boss logic]
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

wolfie - bossman at AccountingFirm seemed to think that way.. He was the boss and owner, therefore, I R SMRT and anyone else's advice was totally worthless. He always bought ONLY one specific model of printer -- always refurbs (read: broken and "fixed") because they were cheap, and actually had to have 2 in storage at any one time so that we would have instant replacements for the ones that died less than 3 weeks after installation -- tho some didn't even work out of the box x.x
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
          X