Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing we have that might factor into a review (if we had them) is cashier metrics...which, given the headaches that both SCs and registers cause on a daily basis, aren't indicative of how well anybody does their job. Our 'target' is 30 IPM (I have no idea if that's averaged from total transactions), which should be easy...assuming the register is working perfectly which they rarely are.

Too many voids? It can't possibly be a customer deciding at the register what they want and don't want, or the scanner being way too sensitive (so stuff gets double-scanned and isn't noticed until the total) or the touchscreen being flaky so PLUs are miskeyed regularly. If the emphasis is on speed, that will continue to happen and no amount of audits will change it.

'Too slow'? Customers holding up the line to get 'one more thing' after you've already started the order, or deciding to throw a fit about some imagined sale. The registers also can't process more than one scan/second (I've determined that the actual scan-processing speed is at least slightly under the target IPM; whether that's deliberate or just another glitch--or if anybody gives a shit--I know not). I've crashed a register by being too fast for it on more than one occasion

I once told ASM "I can be fast or accurate. Pick one. If you want fast, don't complain about voids from miskeys or double-scanning. If you want accurate, don't complain about speed. That goes for every cashier here."
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Our reviews are done on a letter scale -
      Below Expectation
      Meets Expectation
      Above Expectation
      Well above expectation

Getting an A is possible in some areas. Getting a W requires signoff from the Exec.

However that being said, if you are an M or higher average, you'll likely get an increase
      How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
        At my PT retail job, we used to have sales goals. Which were factored into your review. So you had say 6 categories, one of them being whether or not you met your "annual" goal. and you got points for each category, which were then averaged, and then your score based on the number of points. Becasue I worked slow times (nights and Sat night) sometimes I didn't make my goals, which meant I got zero for that category.

so my overall review, based on that, was "does not meet expectations" for 2 years running. which pissed me off since it was NOT indicative of how i do my job, and i scored high on every other, and didn't get me a raise. Pissed me off.
        Did you guys also have to do store credit or loyalty cards? That sort of thing is what messed with my scores at Macy's......I was pretty good with sales goals, but we also got counted on how many new credit aps we got, and whether or not customers who had the store credit card used it.

Comment

I was told by a SM a couple of SM's ago at Random Craft Store that the store usually gets $3 or less to pass around for raises during review time. The $3 has to be divided between X amount of employees in the store, with X being between 30-45 employees. Which is either a BS amount set by home office to give raises, he was pulling the number out of thin air to shut me up about why I always have gotten shitty raises there, or it's much lower then that.
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
            I was told by a SM a couple of SM's ago at Random Craft Store that the store usually gets $3 or less to pass around for raises during review time. The $3 has to be divided between X amount of employees in the store, with X being between 30-45 employees. Which is either a BS amount set by home office to give raises, he was pulling the number out of thin air to shut me up about why I always have gotten shitty raises there, or it's much lower then that.
            Not necessarily. $3 spread evenly works out to about an $0.08/hr raise for 37 employees (the approximate midpoint between 30 and 45). I have worked at retailers who commonly hand out annual raises of between $0.05 and $0.015.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Ah-wuh? A one-and-a-half cents raise?

Don't even give raises or have reviews if you're going to be that stingy. That's a kick in the crotch. Seriously.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

When I worked at Glitter Hell (which I think is Random Craft store) one of my last raises was... a penny.

A freakin penny.

And then we had to wear these stupid ass 4B pins. Because they made 4 Billion dollars. Didn't share any with the Glitter Peons... but hey, look! You get to wear a stupid pin!
                you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

No one here gets an "A" as well.

So we have 5 "grades", and I got a "D", though no one ever gets the "A"

I'm in a very similar situation. Busting my hump barely moves the needle. I've come to realize throttling back will result in the same reward I've been getting which I have done, and my observation is correct. I'm still doing a great job, I'm just saving myself the stress of that last unrewarded 10%. No one here gets an "A" as well.

Comment

Yup. Same company, different name, so glad I've dropped down the number of days I work there. >.<

Still got shitty raises considering that the most I had ever gotten here was when that particular SM was there was a whopping $.07 -- the last SM actually gave me a "better" raise but not by much. The favorites got the bulk of it.

The Warehouse? The least amount one can get is a quarter, and I've been at the higher end of the spectrum.
                    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
                    X