X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONGRADULATIONS! YOU FAIL AT LIFE!

This guy wasn't just a regular moron.

He was the product of the greatest morons of a generation, working together with the expressed purpose of creating the dumbest moron who ever lived.........

And they succeeded!

I was down at the parking meters the other day when a car pulls into one of the vacant meter spaces next to me.

Guy gets out, walks up to the meter.... and stares at it. I don't mean just "casual glance" or "piqued interest" , I mean, he gets INCHES away from the face plate for this meter and cups a hand to it, and peers inside, like he's looking through a pair of binoculars.

Then, he uses his thumb to wipe the front of it, apparently thinking there are some words or something hidden beneath that layer of bare, polished, metal....

Finding none.... he then starts poking it

No, you read that right, poking the meter.

Now, this is the kind of meter that has no handle on the front to turn, just a slot for quarters, once you drop one in, the LED screen lights up with how much time you were awarded.

There are NO MOVING PARTS on this meter at all

But our hero, starts pushing every surface he can identify as a composite piece of the construction.

He pushes the front

He pushes the glass-covered screen

He pushes the coin slot

He pushes the lock cylinder to the coin box below, then, noticing it's raised a bit and circular, tries to turn it like a knob.....

It's worth noting that I watched this whole thing absolutely transfixed, he at no time attempted to put ANY MONEY into or on this meter. Even though it says "QUARTERS ONLY" right above the coin slot.

He pushes a couple other random places on it, then decides that it must be broken somehow, because he then gets in his car and drives off.

Later, I saw it parked again at a different meter lot across the street. One with the turn-the-handle kind of meters.

And a parking citation on it

Guess he couldn't figure THOSE out either!

Friendly reminder: You may pick up your sucktorate degree on your way out of the building, and feel free to take one of our complimentary bindle sticks with you as you leave. Don't worry about your destination, just keep right on walking, we'll tell you when to stop.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Gotta be related to the lady who thought the parking meters out on the street were the coffee dispensers at a coffee shop she went to.

Can't remember if I read that here or on Not Always Right.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It was here. I had forgotten about that.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oh Dear DOG . . . .

Sounds like an experiment in neadrathalism gone horribly, horribly wrong. Frankly I'm surprised he wasn't munching on a rock for a snack while trying to figure out the meter.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Wow, soon their grandchildren will be parking in "no parking" zones right next to your tow trucks.

Comment

Totally read the opening in the pokemon professors voice.

Comment

Reminds me of Portal 2, GLaDoS.

Edit: The opening, i do mean.
              Last edited by Krivak; 04-08-2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Don't worry about him having kids, if he actually manages to get near a naked woman he will poke and pull different parts of her with his fingers then give up and leave.
                Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Perhaps it was Traveling Matt, trying to make friends with a sidewalk creature.

Comment

Those poor starving sidewalk creatures.
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                      Don't worry about him having kids, if he actually manages to get near a naked woman he will poke and pull different parts of her with his fingers then give up and leave.
                      Sadly, no.

I used to believe that human reproduction was sufficiently fail-safe to prevent anyone who didn't know what they were doing from procreating, but, well, remember, someone gave birth to HIM.
                      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Hey now don't blame the parents, any number of things could have occured between birth and now to reduce him to this state, Maybe he used to work tech support.
                        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Working...
                        X