This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God help my soul

Apparently my current store manager wants to see me promoted into a supervisor (i.e. wannabe manager) position, and is going to work with me and train me so that when I finally am given the OK by his boss (who has the final say on who gets to be in any sort of manager position at store level), i can succeed...

Either god hates me and wants me to suffer more, or i've done something right by busting my ass at work and doing whatever i can to make sure the store is ok
    (we're currently SORELY understaffed, so everyone that's still there is effectively doing the work of 2-3 people easily)

Anyways

....help?
    If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Would the promotion mean more pay? Would you change from hourly to salaried?
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I was recently put into a similar position. Yes, please make sure you are compensated for the additional responsibility. And BTW, it looks good on your resume, not to mention is job security. I'm fortunate I work with some lovely folks and have a terrific boss. It helps a lot.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
      X