Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll look into that and some of the other online tax filing programs -- thanks to all responders who gave advice, by the way. This year there was a bit of a problem (IMO) with my taxes, due to the newspaper that I worked for just before I left Niagara (they considered me self-employed so didn't deduct any taxes). However, next year that won't be an issue, and my taxes are going to be very simple indeed.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
      I'll look into that and some of the other online tax filing programs -- thanks to all responders who gave advice, by the way. This year there was a bit of a problem (IMO) with my taxes, due to the newspaper that I worked for just before I left Niagara (they considered me self-employed so didn't deduct any taxes). However, next year that won't be an issue, and my taxes are going to be very simple indeed.
      Ah, that can do it. I like my paper routes for the extra cash, but yeah, you gotta watch that. I just have the motel take out extra withholding for me so I don't have to worry about estimated taxes, but I have known other paper carriers that didn't realize the newspaper wasn't taking out taxes and then they were boned come tax-time.

At least you only owed the tax preparers a few bucks difference rather than owing Uncle Sam a few hundred. Because I have seen that.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
      X