Clear All

I tried Sonic and I wasn't impressed.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I wasn't especially impressed by Sonic, either. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't any better than any other fast food chain. They do get points for having chilidogs on the menu, and for having a nifty debit card system right in the drive through.

I'd like to see the Hilltop Steakhouse come back. They used to be all over New England but are down to just two locations in Saugus and Weymouth, MA.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

We have a Hilltop here, but it's a local bar and grill and probably not part of the chain you're thinking of.

One place I miss is Chipotle. Got hooked on it when I worked in Monterey, CA, and now I think Toronto or Boston are probably the closest ones to me.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
          I tried Sonic and I wasn't impressed.
          Their burgers are pretty standard, their onion rings are quite good, their drinks are very good (particularly the cherry limeade).
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Their burgers are pretty standard, their onion rings are quite good, their drinks are very good (particularly the cherry limeade).
            Have you ever noticed a sweet taste to their onion rings? I always have and don't care for it.
            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth Lvl_9_Gazebo View Post
              Have you ever noticed a sweet taste to their onion rings? I always have and don't care for it.
              I think they use the sweet onions (Vidalia?). But they are freshly made, as opposed to frozen. (I used to work for their distributor; they bought the onions pre-sliced, but fresh, and the coating seperately to dip them in.)

They're not the best onion rings I've ever had (that honor goes to McGrath's Fish House), but they're the best fast food onion rings I've had.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Five Guys is much better than Sonic. As for non chain local places, there is a hole in the wall diner called Annie's in my area that has amazing burgers, hot dogs, and chili. Here's the kicker, though, they are the only place in the area that has Coney sauce. Their Coney burger or Coney fries are amazing, and only five bucks for a huge burger with chili or sauce. Mmmmm...

Comment

I like Sonic's variety and that they have breakfast food all day. Their burgers are meh...chicken is not bad. Great desserts and lots and lots and LOTS of beverage choices. And tater tots! :-)
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

We have a Bennigan's that opened recently in the mall circle. It actually inconveniences me on the way to work due to the new traffic light right at it's parking lot entrance. :/ ETA: We have most of the chain restaurants mentioned in the thread, but we lost our Krispy Kreme. Our Cinnabon closed, too. But when I look at the new Sonic on that corner where the Krispy Kreme used to be, I'm sad.
                    Last edited by Food Lady; 06-28-2011, 05:42 AM.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I want a Subway in my town. One was supposed to be replacing the Blockbuster Video that shut down a year ago. It's still an empty building.

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                        I like Sonic's variety and that they have breakfast food all day. Their burgers are meh...chicken is not bad. Great desserts and lots and lots and LOTS of beverage choices. And tater tots! :-)
                        Yes! These are the reasons I love Sonic. The nearest Sonic is 30-45 minutes away in a city we rarely travel to. I was kinda surprised there's not a Sonic in our city, because it's pretty big and we have a wide variety of restaurants.

I'd also like a Taco John's, Denny's, and Bakers Square.

Comment

Old Spaghetti Factory
                          In-N-Out Burger
                          Backyard Burger

Anybody wanna trade an O'Charley's for any of those? I hate that place.

Comment

Ohhh...Backyard Burger! We used to have one here but it closed. Personally, I don't think Sonic is that great, but they do have good drinks and they have tater tots! I love tater tots. I prefer DQ's ice cream and shakes, though.
                            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                            X