This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIT Lab Rats of 2011

So, I particpated in a brain study yesterday, which took me into the bowels of one of the most prestigious universities in the country. Thus proving my point that the only way I could ever get into MIT is if I were a test subject there.

It was just pen and paper testing yesterday, which I got paid for. But if I get invited back to do the rest of it I could get some cool pictures of my brain from the MRI and up to four hundred dollars.

Thinking of trying to turn my brain into a T-shirt concept. But I digress.

Cool, sounds like good pay for some harmless examinations.

T-shirt? May be pretty interesting, for all you know you may have hit on the next big thing!
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

How did you get involved in this?
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I responded to craigslist add. Of course when I got to MIT, there were studies and test groups being advertised all over the place. So if you ever want to make a buck, just offer yourself up to a university for whatever concept they're trying to test.

Comment

Do you have a sample of the ad? I live near UMASS and they might have something like that.

Comment

LOL I have an appointment monday morning at Omega Labs in RI for prospective guinea piggery =) I usually do the flu shot thing there in the fall =)
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Even MyUniversity does testing like that. We have a Psych department, as well as Linguistics and other Sciences. I should look into it again... I hear I can get gift certificates and like $10 a pop... hm... Ask at the Department office, with the secretary. S/he should at least be aware if they do testing... and be able to direct you accordingly!
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                I responded to craigslist add. Of course when I got to MIT, there were studies and test groups being advertised all over the place. So if you ever want to make a buck, just offer yourself up to a university for whatever concept they're trying to test.
                I just might...which part of craigs list was it under?

Comment

It's either under ETC in the job listings or under gigs, I'm not too sure. I got invited back for it so when I go back there I'll pick up all of the listings I find and post them here.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                    It's either under ETC in the job listings or under gigs, I'm not too sure. I got invited back for it so when I go back there I'll pick up all of the listings I find and post them here.
                    sweet Thanks

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=1&theater

Comment

I had a brain scan one time..they told me "We didn't find anything."

I answered "I could have told you that."
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

So telecom was interested in studies I came across. This one is at Boston College and the guy conducting the study asked me to pass the flyer around. I hope it's okay that I post it here. PM me if you want the e-mail and phone number.

Talking About Social Controversies
                          The
                          Project
                          We invite you to participate in the “Talking About Social
                          Controversies” (T.A.S.C.) project, a national research study
                          exploring how Americans think about important issues our society
                          is grappling with today. Many of these issues have been the subject
                          of major news coverage and political debate. In this project,
                          however, we are interested in the opinions and viewpoints of
                          everyday American citizens, not media or political elites.
                          What
                          the
                          Research
                          Involves
                          Participating in this research project involves participating in a focus
                          group with 7-9 other individuals. During these groups, you and the
                          other participants will be presented with scenarios involving
                          complex social issues like:
                          • Genetic Engineering
                          • Individual Religious Freedoms
                          • Faith-based Social Services
                          You and the other members of the focus group will be asked to give
                          your thoughts on such issues and discuss them with others in the
                          group. We expect the discussions to be informative and thoughtprovoking
                          for everyone involved.
                          Compensation
                          As a token of appreciation for your time, you will receive $20.00 at
                          the completion of the focus group in which you participate.
                          Confidentiality
                          and
                          Respect
                          for
                          Participants
                          We are committed to respecting the privacy of research
                          participants. Participants’ personal information and identities will
                          be kept strictly confidential. We will only use your contact
                          information to contact you about scheduling the focus groups and
                          will not use this information for any other purpose. We are also
                          committed to respecting everyone’s thoughts and viewpoints on the
                          issues we discuss in the focus groups.
                          Sign-*up
                          and
                          Questions
                          If you would like to participate in this research project, please place
                          your name and contact information on the sign-up sheet located at
                          this table. Please also select any and all of the dates you will be
                          available to participate in a focus group. NOTE: Regardless of
                          how many dates you sign up for, you will only be asked to
                          participate in one focus group. We just want to get a good idea of
                          which dates will work for our participants. If you have any further
                          questions or concerns, please ask. You can also contact the
                          following researcher(s) by email or phone if you have questions or
                          concerns:

(PM NateTheChops for the contact info. I don't want spammers or trolls flooding the guy's e-mail.)

Comment

Nice...I've been looking in craig's list....who knows

Comment

Working...
                            X