This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All hail NASAthulhu!

Yes. NASAthulhu. A friend of mine makes these amazing little Cthulhus, and she made me a custom NASAthulhu. He is awesome.

(And yes, that last picture IS of him at the beach.)
    Last edited by JoitheArtist; 04-26-2012, 04:53 AM.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

That's adorable. I want a cute little Cthulu.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Enjoy him while you can. I read in the paper today (ZOMG, someone who still reads newspapers!!) that the next shuttle launch will be the last.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Enjoy him while you can. I read in the paper today (ZOMG, someone who still reads newspapers!!) that the next shuttle launch will be the last.
        Yes, but the shuttles are hardly all of NASA. As a matter of fact, I'm a bigger fan of the stuff out of JPL (Mars rovers in particular, but DAWN and Cassini as well) than I am of NASA's manned flight. The shuttles are stopping (as has been in the works for years), but NASA will be around for a long time.
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

Comment

Fair enough, it's sad that I won't get to experience a launch.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Yeah, but with enough money you can get your butt launched into our upper orbit from Elephant Butte at some point this Summer (or did the guy say NEXT Summer?).
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Fair enough, it's sad that I won't get to experience a launch.
              That I agree with 150%.

Comment

That's adorable!
                "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                  Yeah, but with enough money you can get your butt launched into our upper orbit from Elephant Butte at some point this Summer (or did the guy say NEXT Summer?).
                  I hope it's next summer, I need to make that money!!

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                    Really? Who's behind that one? I'm a bit skeptical, as we don't currently have anything except satellites in upper orbit right now. Even the Space Station isn't that high, though it is in Low Earth Orbit.

Fortunately, there is SpaceX, a private company on track to replacing the shuttle at getting our astronauts to the space station. there's also Virgin Galactic, which should be taking customers to near earth orbit (i.e., upper atmosphere, but not in orbit) in the next year or so. Big fan of both of those.

Comment

Did you get that Lego set at the KSC? We were there a few months ago and I had to get two, one for me and one for my nephew whom I am guiding down the geek path despite his father who is teaching him about cars.

BTW - I might have to steal that.

BTW (also)- We got to see the most recent launch from my office, thank god it was a clear day. I got to see it on the launch pad during my visit, too.
                      Quote Dalesys:
                      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

what a adorable Cthulhu.
                        Cast in the name of Death, Ye not living.

Comment

I Love his TARDIS mug home.

Comment

Thank you.

No, seriously. THANK YOU.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                            X