Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad and good (mostly good, though) news about Pollux.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad and good (mostly good, though) news about Pollux.

Well, mostly good.

As you know we've been trying to rehome Pollux for some time now. We were never in a rush because he is a wonderful dog and we loved him but we also knew we could not give him what he fully needed and deserved. We've had potential homes but none were perfect for him. He had a very rocky past, one full of neglect and a bit of a trauma during his fear period so you can say he would need a lot of work. We've done a lot with him and I'm sure you've seen the videos of him doing schutzhund, he's made major improvement ssince we've had him.

Well, yesterday my wife got a call from a professional animal wrangler in California interested in him. (We confirmed with our talent agent who he is and she did confirm it). This person is one of the go-to people out there when movies and TV people want wolf-like dogs. He has several wolf hybrids but they're getting old and due to increasingly strict legislations across the country in regards to hybrids he's been looking at better alternatives and decided to go with vlcaks.

He got a female from a kennel (one I do not like but that's a different story) and was lookin for a very wolfy looking male so he could mate them for a litter of vlcaks to use for his kennel and work.

He ended up contacting us for Pollux. The wrangler, Pollux's owner, and my wife came up to an agreement this morning.

In related news - he was contacted by the King of Thrones people. Apparently they are having second thoughts over using Northern Inuit dogs as the dire wolves and wanted something different - they contacted him and want to use his dogs.

He intendes to use Pollux and the female as two of the dire wolves in season 2 of Game of Thrones along with some of his hybrids. (My stipulation is that they BETTER send us tons of pictures with him on the set!!).

The wrangler also lives on 1+ acres of property, has a staff, and several other dogs who Pollux will be able to run around and play with.

This is about as close to perfect as we can get and I am ecstatic for Pollux.

So, why the "bad" news? He made me his human. He loved to cuddle next to me when I am watching TV, he loved to go to schutzhund with me (he wouldn't work for anyone else), loved to go out and do service work training with me. He loved to be with me and the feeling was mutual. With Maiya getting old (she's 13 now) its getting to where I won't have "my own" dog in our pack in the next year or two. The right decision for him is a hard one for me. I'm going to miss him. I don't even have the heart to tell my wife I had actually started to write a story about him and his endeavors.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Awww, draggar. I know how you feel - I couldn't even imagine the thought of giving up our dog, even if we had to for a good a reason as you have, as she's done the same with me.

You're doing the right thing for him, though, and you know that, which is why it's especially hard. Still, keep in mind, you'll be able to watch him on Thrones

Comment

Wow, sounds like you went through the same thing with Pollux that I did with Carmen. She's very much attached to The Boyfriend and I, which is why I actually refused to give her back to our friends after they left us to babysit her (for a month) while they got their new house "ready".

Of course, the day after I refuse to give her back, they immediately go out and get a new puppy.

Carmen was abused and badly neglected and it took a very long time to get her to not be afraid of men. She loves everyone now. And it only took 2 years.

Unfortunately, I do have the issue of her insisting on following me everywhere. At least she doesn't follow me to the bathroom (it has, GASP, linoleum!).

Edited to add a pic of me and Carmen. Yes, that's as big as she's going to get!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Evil Queen; 07-01-2011, 06:39 PM. Reason: Forgot a pic
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Awww dragger.

SUCH good news for Pollux, though! YAY! Congratulations on a perfect home.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Holy crap EQ you look pretty! Your face is classical.
          OT, Draggar, since you're already planning on puppies, could you breed Vlcak-Lady and Pollux and keep them both for a bit to fatten her up more? (ie get her more healthy) or is that already happening?
          Anyway.
          Game of Thrones. Vlcaks. Totally the right feel.
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

My boyfriend LOVES Game of Thrones and we'll be looking forward to seeing Pollux on Game of Thrones Season 2 ^_^
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

The litter we planned for around now didn't happen, for some reason Kiri (our German Shepherd) didn't take to the breeding.

Luna / Pollux litter - we've been backing away from this idea for quite a few reasons.

I know we're going the right thing and I'm very happy for Pollux.
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Aw, that's bittersweet. It does seem like the best thing for him, but I know he'll be missed. You made him happy while you were his human though.

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                Holy crap EQ you look pretty! Your face is classical.
                Fun fact: That's a life-size portrait of her

*hides*
                "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Eeeek! I am so excited for you! I'm sorry you're losing Pollux but he's going to be a TV star!

You'll have to post a screenshot from A Clash of Kings and point out which one is him.
                  https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I've demanded pictures of him if he's ever used on a set - and not the same pictures they give everyone else.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                    X