X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I need a motto!!!

So, um, yeah, I got a new job.

Same company, different department (supply chain). So today I was moving my cubical bit by bit in between showing my coworker a few last reports and whatnot. A little before the end of the day I stopped in my new boss's office and she showed me a few things, one of them being the department's Sharepoint site, which I looked at briefly the other day when I got an email telling me my profile had been set up. There is a picture of a badger, which is apparently our mascot . She said there is a contest to come up with a department motto (bonus points if it makes a good acronym) and the director will pick the winner.

Any ideas?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

All the ones I can think of off the top of my head are too sarcastic. Things like. "Supplies? We don't need no stinking supplies." (points for reference ) Would need a bit more info to come up with a good one.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

A motto? What's a motto with you?
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I have to admit - the first that came to mind, similar to Mystical was "We don't need no stinkin' badgers!"
        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Sad to say the first thing that came to my mind was "GFY".....

I've been in support for too long.

B
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
          I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Bottomline:
            Accuracy,
            Department(distribution?)
            Gets
            Everything
            Right(ready, running?)

or
            Bottomline:
            Accuracy,
            Details(delegation, direction)
            Guarantees(gets)
            Everything
            runs(running)
            Smoothly(swiftly)
            Last edited by BlaqueKatt; 06-24-2011, 11:44 PM.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

...Putting the sin in Wisconsin...?

Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I would need more information about the computer and/or the department (basically whoever is in need of the new motto), but this is something I have been known to be pretty good at, being not only a writer and a wordsmith, but the son of an advertising/marketing/sales man.

So if you feel comfortable sharing more information about your job with me, I can probably come up with a winner for you.

No, I don't believe in false modesty. Why ever do you ask?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
                  I have to admit - the first that came to mind, similar to Mystical was "We don't need no stinkin' badgers!"
                  Heh, that's what I thought of, too.

Quoth Becks View Post
                  ...Putting the sin in Wisconsin...?

Cute, but, uh...we're in New Jersey.

Quoth Jester View Post
                  So if you feel comfortable sharing more information about your job with me, I can probably come up with a winner for you.
                  Well considering I haven't actually started the job yet, that'd be kind of hard.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Mushroom, mushroom.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      Well considering I haven't actually started the job yet, that'd be kind of hard.
                      Well, when you do, or if you find out more information about it, let me know. Because my creative process does require some information. After all, you can only get out what you put in, and right now, there is just not enough information for anything worthwhile to be produced.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth charred
                        Mushroom, mushroom.
                        Snake!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          Cute, but, uh...we're in New Jersey.
                          I know but it's so delightfully random.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Ok..so badgers, supply..hmm..

"You will not have to dig around, if you need supplies..just call us."

Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

She said there is a contest to come up with a department motto (bonus points if it makes a good acronym) and the director will pick the winner.
                              Mushroom, Mushroom....SNAAAAKE!

or Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Much room! Much Room!

Damnit, I got beat and didn't realise.
                              Sorry.
                              I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Working...
                              X