This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here goes nothing...wish us luck

Mrs. TGK & I are refinancing the mortgage on our house. I phoned in our intial application last week (same bank that presently holds our mortgage). The paperwork arrived Friday. I just checked and the signed stuff arrived about an hour ago.

Here's to hoping the refi app goes through. It will save us at least $130/month and knock 2 years off the payments (we are 8 years into a 30-year; refinancing to a 20 year fixed). I ran some figures and found that if we were to maintain the same payments (putting the excess to principal, of course), we own our house free and clear in 17 years. We aren't underwater with the mortgage (thank heaven) even by some of the most pessimistic guestimates.

Wish us luck, there are actually standards to lending (that wasn't the case with our last refi).
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

I wish you good luck, speedy paperwork processing, and good customer service from the banks.
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

good luck! we refi'd once a few years ago and are looking at doing so again for similar reasons (knock years off and reduce monthy payment).
      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Good luck! I may be doing that myself soon. With the plans I have, however, I have 9 years left on my 30 year mortgage.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Thanks all.
          An update of sorts: The appraiser left about an hour ago. I hope it doesn't show us underwater I don't know about their techniques, but it can't help that the dysfunctional couple just down the road lowered their selling price again. OTOH, zillow and other home value sites are all over the map on our place.

I just checked the status from the bank website, so far so good. I sure hope this goes through.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Good luck!

I've thought about it several times. Thanks to falling behind a time or two and doing "payment arrangements" I'm up to about $300 a month more than where we started.
            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
            X