X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy news.

Happy news.

We all need it.

My stepfather who was in the hospital shortly after my son was born and died a couple times while in there. He came home still seriously ill and I moved here to help care for him.

Well, Today he had a dr appt and they took him off several of his medications. Including the one that he takes every wed and makes him sooo sick. More and more steps to being healthy.

Congratulations to him for coming so far in overcoming aids complicated menigitus!

So anyone else have happy news?
    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

I have a job for a while longer, at least. Still a temp here, but it's been kinda confirmed I have more time on my clock, so that's good on my end.

Comment

Died a couple times?
      ... AIDS-complicated meningitis?
      o_O so glad he's doing better!
      EDIT: good news? um... I'm getting another a/c here in the next few days which is good, 'cuz it's hot in my apartment, like 10-20 more than outside, even though I have three or four fans circulating air and nothing on but the fridge and fans... not even the computer! I'm elsewhere right now.
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Yeah. We had no clue he had aids until he got sick. I mean other than he was always tired and such bad headaches. Before he met my mom he did not live the best lifestyle. He was in the hospital for three months. two of those months in the ICU. He has hallucinations and brain surgery. He was in a nursing home for a bit before he was home.

He went from being over 300 pounds and looking like Hagrid to being 160 pounds and looking really really sick. He had Fungal Meningitis. Which is not contagious unless you have a compromised immune system. The bright part in this is my mother has not contracted the virus. Simply amazing.

Since I moved here he gets more and more like his old self every day. He had put on the weight again. His hair is growing back. (it used to be as long as mine) He honestly thinks he is better than he is.

I am grateful that he is sticking around and he getting healthier. His viral load is undetectable now. Which is awesome. He did die a couple times in the hospital. His heart kept stopping. The medicines they put you on to fight meningitis are horrible and do very bad things tot he rest of your body. He was in renal and heart and lung failure in the hospital just from the medicines to fight the meningitis.
        My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

I'm glad your step-dad is better!
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm glad he's doing better. Have him keep a positive attitude - it's been proven to help.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

That is wonderful news!
              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I am glad to hear your good news
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth monolayth View Post
                  So anyone else have happy news?
                  YES!

On the minor front, I have good apartment news, which will be discussed elsewhere in the site. Much better than my usual postings about my apartment and the idiots who "manage" this complex.

On the major front, my stepsister Miss Freak continues to speak. Actually, they can't shut her up. The miracle continues as the doctors stand around scratching their heads in confusion.

On the That's Awesome front, later this week, my stepfather will avoid celebrate his 80th birthday, and next month my mother will completely try to avoid grudgingly celebrate her 76th. Since Dad died at 48, this is pretty big for me.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                  X