This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    Though I didn't post a comment on this, I don't think the OP made it clear why having a different 3 days off in a row was a huge deal for him.
    I thought the OP made it plenty clear. "I request either the two days before Christmas, or the two days after, so I can see my family. I’m a student and haven’t been home for Christmas for two years."
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      I thought the OP made it plenty clear. "I request either the two days before Christmas, or the two days after, so I can see my family. I’m a student and haven’t been home for Christmas for two years."
      I read the intro to the story wrong my mistake. I originally read it as having the 24th and 26th off, which would have accomplished the same purpose as either 2 days before or days after. Turns out he was scheduled to work those days.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• http://notalwaysright.com/something-...f-places/48795

I wish I could say that encounters like this are rare... Well, less than once an hour's pretty rare, isn't it?
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• I'd rate the customer's thinking as medium - not rare (unfortunately), and definitely not well done.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• http://notalwaysworking.com/the-conc...-tonight/42242

"And that's when I fired him, sir. From a cannon."
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

• Quoth eltf177 View Post
              http://notalwaysworking.com/stealing...hristmas/41841

Karma rarely gets better than this...
              Eh. At the swamp everybody is available to work Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas. No exceptions. You won't necessarily be scheduled, but you are expected to be available. If either of those days falls on a day you're unavailable due to school, that's overridden unless you have some kind of school-related activity going on those days.

The OP should've been realistic and understood having either of those days off would be a tough sell.

The manager's comment was way out of line, but that could've been the umptieth complaint he heard about that week's schedule.

If the OP was a seasonal employee, it's not as if he caused the manager any great loss. In fact probably no loss at all. He just made the people who did show up those days work harder.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Eh. At the swamp everybody is available to work Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas. No exceptions. You won't necessarily be scheduled, but you are expected to be available. If either of those days falls on a day you're unavailable due to school, that's overridden unless you have some kind of school-related activity going on those days.

The OP should've been realistic and understood having either of those days off would be a tough sell.
                This is a good point, but the manager should have told OP this right from the start. Or try to find out if OP's request can or cannot be filled ASAP.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                If the OP was a seasonal employee, it's not as if he caused the manager any great loss. In fact probably no loss at all. He just made the people who did show up those days work harder.
                That, or some other poor shlub had to come in...

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                The manager's comment was way out of line, but that could've been the umptieth complaint he heard about that week's schedule.
                True, but this is like trying to put out a fire by pouring gasoline on it. The OP was already upset, saying "I am the grinch" is an excellent way to push a heated situation to the boiling point.

I'm wondering if the OP painted themselves in the best possible light and/or left out some very important information, but based on what's here the manager is still the villain here IMHO...

Comment

• I was visiting notalwaysright a few minutes ago. I decided to revist a couple minutes later and have been getting a "403 Forbidden" message. All of the othersites, including the unfiltered one, still work OK. Has this happened to anyone else?
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    I was visiting notalwaysright a few minutes ago. I decided to revist a couple minutes later and have been getting a "403 Forbidden" message. All of the othersites, including the unfiltered one, still work OK. Has this happened to anyone else?
                    I just got that message, too. Actually, none of them seem to be working.
                    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Yeah, I did too, and I tried both Firefox and Chrome.

ETA: I just tried to go from NAW to NAR, and now I get a page that says "Maintenance mode is on - Website will be available soon."
                      Last edited by siskaren; 01-21-2016, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• I just got the "Maintenance mode is on" message also.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• I just got 403 Forbidden. My first thought was "What'd I do??"
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• https://notalwaysworking.com/cant-mi...the-milk/42376

Why "upselling" isn't always a good idea...

https://notalwaysright.com/needs-a-p...justment/49633

This one really ticks me off, managers who throw their workers under the bus for an obnoxious, rule-breaking sucktomers...

Comment

That's exactly the same vibe I was getting - this is some petty, vindictive bitch doing her best to ruin someone's life for her own sadistic pleasure...
                              My co-worker told me about a friend of his who's ex had a restraining order on him. She followed him everywhere. Showed up at parties or mutual friends houses she wasn't invited to, but he was, just to make a big stink and call the cops. They both had an unfortunate ending - he couldn't take it anymore and killed her then himself.
                              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

https://notalwaysworking.com/cant-mi...the-milk/42376

Why "upselling" isn't always a good idea...
                                "That milk would go great with some cookies/cereal."

There is a right way and a wrong way to upsell. Guess which one the cashier chose.

Quoth eltf177
                                https://notalwaysright.com/needs-a-p...justment/49633

This one really ticks me off, managers who throw their workers under the bus for an obnoxious, rule-breaking sucktomers...
                                Oh yay, price adjustments. They need to DIAF.

Grats to the manager for (possibly) committing credit card fraud in the name of customer service.
                                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                                X