X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crisp(or chips) instructions

I was just eating a packet of crisps & noticed a message on the back:

'NOT TO BE SOLD SEPERATELY'

Who in their right mind would want to buy just one crisp?
    "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
    set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Quoth gaspode View Post
    I was just eating a packet of crisps & noticed a message on the back:

'NOT TO BE SOLD SEPARATELY'

LOL!

Actually, if I may play "Devil's Advocate" here... usually, that labeling is put onto packets that are sold in a multi-pack. For example, grocery stores in my area have multi-packs from Frito-Lay and Utz. In one package, you might get 10 or 12 individual packets of chips. Each individual packet is labeled like that as an instruction to the RETAILER that they are not to open the multi-pack and sell the individual packets separately. I've seen multi-packs of soda (such as 6-packs) where each individual bottle or can is labeled that way, too.

Sadly, that labeling doesn't work as planned 100% of the time. You'll still get businesses (in my area it's usually Chinese food restaurants and convenience stores) that will buy the multi-pack at Costco or somewhere, and then open it up and sell the individual packets or bottles or whatever at their business. The upshot of which is that sometimes I'll buy a bottle of soda somewhere, and it'll have that message on the label!
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

For further illumination, the "Not to be sold separately" label is there because the individual packages in a multi-pack are not properly labeled for individual sale.

Quoth gaspode View Post
      You might ask Bert Lahr: "Bet you can't eat just one."
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
        Sadly, that labeling doesn't work as planned 100% of the time. You'll still get businesses (in my area it's usually Chinese food restaurants and convenience stores) that will buy the multi-pack at Costco or somewhere, and then open it up and sell the individual packets or bottles or whatever at their business.
        Almost all the stuff you buy at the clubs is labeled for resale. Supplying small stores and retailers and snack stands is what started the wholesale club business. Consumers buying stuff in large lots and trying to figure out where to squeeze it all in came later.

Comment

"Once you pop, you can't stop!"

Comment

Working...
          X