This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPG Ideas

That sort of went nowhere. People lost interest, or they never got really started, or..whatever. Feel free to add your own..I have a ton of them.

Twilight of Peace: Dawn of War - 1000 year peace..brought on by a being known as HighLord. Setting : Past/Mythological. Overview: Heroes have just gotten 'of age' for their respective races. They are to participate in the games in a place called "The Arena". Once brought to the arena they learn that the way the Highlord keeps peace is by killing the winners, devouring their souls, gaining their power. Right now the Highlord is Near Invincible..having 1000 years worth of the games victors powers/abilities/and skills. With the help of some renegade dragons, they are sent to the past, to try to stop the Highlord from ever coming to be.

Avatars - The Nexus, a maze like place between the dimensions. Beings from all over try to find the "Core" of the nexus. Setting : Odd. Past, present, and futuristic beings can be found in the Nexus. Each however has an 'avatar', a beast of a sort, that travels with them..and that they have to use in a fight. All other powers/abilities/etc they may have had are nullified in the Nexus.

((More to come))
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Mytical, this has been moved to Off Topic because the Literary section doesn't allow replies.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

The first one actually sounds similar to the DC Comics MMORPG. Brainiac kills the world's superheroes and villains, gaining all of their powers. Lex Luthor survives, going back in time to warn the superheroes, and somehow releasing things that give superpowers to every person on Earth so that Brainiac can be stopped.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

No problem with the moving of the thread. About the DC Universe thing *shrugs* Twilight was started about roughly anywhere from 6-10 years ago. It's wasn't original then either .

Galaxy Rangers : Section 3. Sort of a star trek meets the Justice League. Imagine if Earth was not the only inhabited planet in our neck of the woods. Every planet has their own unique inhabitants..and there is even a race from the Andromeda section running around. They form the Alliance of Planets, which needs a 'police force' that guards the areas between the worlds. That is the Galaxy Rangers. Section 3 members are all 'unique' specimens from those planets. IE Mutants, with extra ordinary powers..they don't deal with the 'mundane' things like smuggling/etc .. but the things that go bump in the night.

CORE - Strange alien ship parks above London. Without warning..it explodes sending several pods in all directions...all over the Earth. Inside are "Core Fragments" which can give people extraordinary abilities. The question is .. what else is in those pods, was the ship alone, and why did it explode?

Hunted - A long time ago 20 people volunteered to take part in a genetic experiment. While the experiment was successful for all of them, the political climate changed..and they were all frozen Cryogentically. Taken to an island, and forgot about, they slumbered there. An earth quake eventually sets them free, and they should have been able to live relatively normal lives. Until they start turning up dead. One of their own are killing them and stealing their powers.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Moonbase Alpha: (sci-fi) In the future, the Earth's moon is hollowed out and turned into a giant scientific colony. Giant engines are used to make up for the change in mass so it doesn't lose it's orbit. One day, contact is lost with Earth, and large explosions are seen on the surface before clouds obscure everything. Communication is also lost with the colonies on Mars and the moons of Jupiter. All alone, the moon must become self-sufficient. Scientists, including the PC's parents begin dissappearing. The PCs find plans for combat power armor on one of the parent's computers, transmitted just before Earth went quiet...

Dragon Wars: (Fantasy) One of the three gods of the dragons has died, and all the dragons are warring against one another to gain power enough to become the next dragon god. The other races are caught in the midst of it all as dragons raise armies and plot against one another. I started this campaign with two dragons dueling over the city the PCs are in, setting the whole place on fire. Nothing like starting the game in the middle of a raging inferno to get the PCs off their butts.

Orcs in Space!: (sci-fi/fantasy) The long years have passed, and the fantasy races we know and love have gone to the stars. Guns are rampant, but due to the nature of spaceships, melee weapons are still viable, since no one wins when the hull gets compromised. For years, wars between the Federation (humans, elves, dwarves, gnomes, halflings, plus whatever other races you want) and Orc Space (Orcs, Goblins, Trolls, ect.) have been settled with televised fights between fighter squads representing each side that are little more than sporting events with non-leathal ammo. However, after losing several fights in a row, the Orc decide to launch an old-fasioned all-out war, catching the Federation by surprise...
          Last edited by Geek King; 02-09-2011, 03:51 PM. Reason: Adventures in tired typing
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Starfall - Pokemon Roleplaying game (I admit I am a pokemon fan...). In a region that has never actually partnered with Pokemon a strange sight is seen. Thousands of pokemon, including the legendary one have gathered. They sit in a field, watching what looks like falling stars, and issue a very sorrowful cry. It is a complete mystery until the next day. A festival is held the very next day.

In a field all of the (non-legendary, non-rare, etc) pokemon have gathered, and are going to be partnered up with those who wish. However, the pokemon, not the trainer, decide who they partner with! Each person is given ONE pokeball, and is allowed to roam freely until approached by a pokemon. If they also like the pokemon they can catch it (it is automatic..no worries about them escaping) or wait till approached by another. The reason for the festival is soon revealed..what is the mysterious reason for the festival? Why did the pokemon gather here, and what made them so sad?

Comment

Working...
            X