This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was insulted

So I don't know this goes so feel free to move it. So I went after work to turn in my keys on friday. As anyone that knows me knows that I have quite a nice collection of designer handbags, its really my only splurge, I have everything from louis vuttion,coach, to chanel. I know of some places in town that sells used real designer handbags for 70 to 80% off. So anyways I go to turn in my keys and my mouthy bitch boss sees my new louis vution and says.......
    I love that bag, How did YOU afford that.....with such a consending one.
    Before I thought I said oh well I found it in the dumpster next to my cardboard house. She just hummp well and walked away. I mean really if she had maybe gotten to know me in the last six months, she would have known that my husband runs the phone system at the university. Therefore he makes money. Just because I work part time doen't mean I'm poor.
    I'm sure that there are women here that work part just to help out when you have unexpected bills.

Wow. That woman is a
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

And even if you were poor, it would mean nothing. Your worth isn't measured by the amount of money you have. Your former boss has completely missed that truth, is materialistic, and probably jealous of your style. Sad, really.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Things like that reinforce that you made the right decision.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I know somebody that would have screeched "Is that a real one or a fake?"

Yeah, she's a real charmer.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

You could afford it a damn sight better than she could afford to buy a little class, apparently.

Ticky tack.

Comment

Wonderful response! I wish I could pull off something like that with a straight face.
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Nice response to the former bitchy boss! Money can buy a lot but it sure as hell doesn't buy class (which she sorely lacked in).
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                X