This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's on.

F-sking birds and squirrels. It's on you feathery and furry little bastards.

I spin. This means I have unspun wool. I washed up a bunch of it this morning and set it in my window to dry. I left my window open because it was a beautiful day. I felt rather secure leaving my window open because I'm on the 4th floor of a free standing building with no tall trees close to my room.

This was dumb.

I don't have screens in my window and while I see wool as proto-baby yarn, which will then be knit into a massive afghan, the aforementioned natural bastards see it as nesting material to keep babies warm. Now I'm all for warm babies and wildlife and I are normally ok with each other. But I draw the line at wool theft. That is as good as a declaration of war.

Almost a third of what I washed today was carried off before I got back to my dorm and could defend it! I was only gone for an hour! What did the fucking things do? Run around and tell all their fuzzy little friends "Dudes! Room 411, she's got the good stuff!"?

Not ok. Just wait until I catch the thief or thieves. I'm betting squirrels more than birds and if I'm right then by the end of the semester Shanky's going to have herself a crockpot full of squirrel stew and fuzzy new trim for a gown.

I have thumbs you furry or feathered little bastards, evolution favors me.
    Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Quoth shankyknitter View Post
    I have thumbs you furry or feathered little bastards, evolution favors me.
    I'd comiserate, honestly I would, as to how much that sucks.

But I keep giggling at that line and I can't help it i'm sorry, pleasedontkillmenicewoolprotectorlady.... *flees*
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

I feel you.

I had one of those cool woven satchels made with what looks like natural fibers. Well, the dye in this thing stank. So I washed it really good and hung it out in the sun to try and destink it. Disappeared. Huh.

Yesterday I'm doing yard work and I look up into the trees and what do I see in the VERY TIP TOP OF A PINE TREE?

I wonder if it still stinks?

Comment

I'm still at the crockpot image.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
          But I keep giggling at that line and I can't help it i'm sorry, pleasedontkillmenicewoolprotectorlady.... *flees*
          I won't kill you unless you're in league with my sworn enemy. I'm assuming you're not as you wisely begged for mercy.

Kinkoid: I bet the squirrel thought it stunk too, hence putting it at the very top of the tree to dry out
          Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

HAAA! Wouldn't that be fitting!

Comment

But I'm just thinking of those cute baby birds being kept warm by the beautiful, fluffy wool you provided them...And they'll grow into healthy strong adults who will teach their offspring to love wool...
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Squirrels like to chew too . . .

Sounds like you've started a fashion trend amongst the wildlife . . .

And yes, we've discovered how destructive some of these little furry creatures can be . . .

Such as the case with Peanut (who is a rather young, skinny grey squirrel with a skinny tail that my Mom watches constantly) Right now I"m ready to hold a prayer meeting with this critter.

Seems as if during his many trips back and forth between the trees and our roof he discovered he had a taste for our phone line that runs into the house from the pole. This was discovered just yesterday when a tech from Blue Ball Phone came out to see why we were having an issue since the weekend with static on our home phone line (on Sunday it improved slightly but was dropping calls after a few minutes so we've been using our cell phones since Saturday evening instead.)

The wiring has been replaced but the squirrel is still living . . .he can outrun my Mom in her power chair.

Mom's explanation? "Well, Peanut wanted to make a long distance call."

All I can say is he's lucky he's not fried from chewing on the phone wiring. . .
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

... what else can I do.. but
                  this is priceless!
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                  X