This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three items

This is spurred by a project I am having to do for Speech class, and it is surprisingly fun. When people think of you, what items would they think of. What three items would represent you to them? Pick any three items, and explain why they represent you.

I will start.

A blank piece of paper. I love to write. Stories, poems, whatever.

A picture of my immediate family (Father, mother, brothers, sisters). There are quite a few, and we are an...odd bunch. We could be on Springer and probably fit right in .

A dream catcher. Because of my Native American ancestry..which I am proud of.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

A thick book - I'm a bookworm, always have been and always will be.
    A metal cd - *shrugs* I just love loud music.
    A flower - I don't just have green thumbs, I have green fingers too. I guess I should get that looked at soon
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

A fan veil- I dance with them and when I'm moving behind them is when I feel the most confident.

A spinning wheel- I'm a medieval crafter at heart and this to me represents it.

A hedgehog- most people associate me with a hedgehog due to having one as a pet.
      Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

A pair of glasses: I love reading, writing and studying strange and esoteric information

A picture of my dad: Holding my happy memories close is something i learned from him, and something I do all the time now.

An Action-Horror Video game: Dead Space, Metro 2033, STALKER, Resident Evil, I loves me some good old-fashioned 'creep you out while playing' games.

Comment

A cat. Everybody knows I love cats and used to have a bunch of them (only 3 now )
          A cup of very strong coffee. I don't do the weak stuff!
          Beads. I'm a beadaholic!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

A stove = for my baking and cooking
            A thick book = another bookworm here!

For the third one, either sheet music for my singing or a box full of arts n craft supplies, that represents all the arts and crafts I do (sewing, embroidery, painting, scrapbooking, flower arranging, making Christmas decorations, etc.)

Or maybe a big glass of wine would be more representative of me. Yeah, that.
            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I can't say what items other people would associate with me, as I have no idea how others perceive me. But I can take a few guesses as to what items others might associate with me (other than what items I associate with myself).

Deck of cards, as I am a magician.

A beer, as I love beer.

A kitchen knife, as I love to cook.

A bicycle, as I love to ride.

A book, as I love to read, and am a notorious book whore.

A goatee, as I had one for years.

A jester's hat. If you need this explained, you are not paying attention.

Yes, that is more than three. Don't ask me to narrow down what I think other people may associate with me, as I'm just not that bright. But I would say a few of the above items would be among the best bets.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

~A book. Specifically, a book from the Dresden Files series, probably.

~An MP3 player. Because I do not leave the house without mine. Even if I'm just going to the store.

Not sure what the third one would be. Probably a ferret. I'm constantly mentioning how I would love to sic rabid ninja ferrets upon stupid people. That or a computer.
                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

-Cats. I love cats and everyone knows it. We have three indoor cats...we're probably getting ready to adopt another one...at the ren faire this weekend, I got a henna tattoo of a cat and paw prints, which I'm seriously thinking about getting done as a real tattoo once the henna fades.

-A mixing bowl full of batter. I love to bake. Cookies, cakes, pies, anything. I also make polymer clay miniatures of a lot of baked goods, such as cake slices and cupcakes, so this is doubly appropriate!

-A chainmail bracelet. I make a lot of chainmail jewelry, but for some reason, bracelets tend to be the most popular.

Actually, all three of these things are incorporated on my business logo (which I didn't think about until I finished typing this up) so I guess they really are appropriate at describing me!

Comment

No worries Jester, it is near impossible to limit to 3..people are very diverse (or at least most are). It is a heck of a challenge to even attempt. In the class it was officially 3 to 7 items..even seven is a heck of a task.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

A cat - love cats and according to BF I am one.

A rollerskate - I would say derby is a big part of my life.

A bus - Family runs buses and I get really involved in them.

Comment

umm

Fabric - I am a fabric-a-holic. Helps with the whole quilting thing

Books - When not sewing, I'm usually reading

Music - because I'm almost always listening to some kind of music

Some kind of animal - because I've always loved animals and had them in my life, even going to vet school now.

Family - because no matter how bad they treat me, I'm always there to help out.

Um, I think that's everything. Kinda all I can think of at the moment.
                        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

If you can add some then I'd have to toss in a book, a legal pad (I love those for writing) and a pen, and a bottle of wine!
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Well it's not a hard and fast rule, but the challenge is to get it down to three if possible . So far some interesting insight into the minds of the people on CS..or at least I think so.

Comment

Heh. I have several schools of thought on this type of exercise.
                              one being that this being 'objects' shows a sapiens obsession with stuff.
                              The other being I can take the cheap way out and say "computer," and leave it at that.
                              ... not because I know everything about it, oh no. (this is like me. I don't know everything about myself)-- but because it, like me, doesn't do anything until it is on, and does nothing until it is told... and sometimes not even then! Sometimes it does stuff on its' own, but that's only 'cuz you told it earlier. It's a buffer, like my own body, between one world and the next, you have to go through it. You can be social, or anti-social (I sometimes want to talk, sometimes want to be left alone/not say anything). You can write, you can read (both of which I love to do). You can learn (which is what I also love to do) or just do dumb stuff (which I also love to do). You can look at pretty stuff, or make pretty stuff. You can do anything you want, you just gotta sit down and do it! (My card from a deck would be the Joker/Fool... close race with a few other cards, but that's what the Fool's about, yah?)
                              I could go on, but tl;dr: I cheat.
                              EDIT: what others would? ... oh hell, like they know that! Poll three different people, including my mother, and you'd get 21 almost-right answers!
                              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                              X