This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A minor step back in time...

So I've been deeply browsing the netflix archives looking for stuff to watch/listen to while working....and found some old shows I watched growing up.....see if anyone remembers some of these...
    • Early Edition
    • M.A.N.T.I.S
    • Silk Stalkings
    • NY Undercover
    • Due South
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

The name "NY Undercover" rings a bell but beyond that I've got nothing on any of them.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I remember all but the first.

I was an avid X-Files Fan back in the day, so I remember all the short-lived shows that were on in the 8 om time slot before The X-Files at 9. M.A.N.T.I.S. was one of them! Others were:

Kindred: The Embraced
      Strange Luck
      VR5
      Brimstone
      Space: Above and Beyond

I think Millennium was the only one that lasted more than a season.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Early Edition was on CBS....lasted 4 seasons.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I remember Early Edition, Silk Stalking and vaguely remember Due South. I just put Silk Stalkings on my netflix list the other day. I didn't know that Early Edition was available. I may just have to add that also!

Comment

I loved Early Edition, got both seasons on DVD.
            "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Early Edition--nothing.
              M.A.N.T.I.S--remember Manimal, but not this show.
              Silk Stalkings--didn't watch this enough...looked good!
              NY Undercover--nothing.
              Due South--less than nothing.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Early Edition is only coming in DVD format for me right now...mom and I are rewatching it.

Apperently Pauly Parette (horrible spelling....Abby from NCIS) did a one episode cameo....haven't seen her yet, but we are only the last 8 episodes of season 1.

Comment

I vaguely remember VR5 on Fox in the early 1990s. I think it lasted one (or only part of a season). had to do with humans being able to do virtual reality into someones subconscience as if it were the real world.

VR5 wiki entry

actually the underlying premiss for the show was neat. something we would definately want to do to SCs and EWs. It only lasted 10 of 13 episodes
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Early Edition - Yep, the cat at the door thing always made me wonder, however. Maybe god is a cat
                    M.A.N.T.I.S - Yes..unfortunately
                    No to the rest.

How about...

Great American Hero
                    ALF
                    Night Court
                    Air Wolf
                    A-Team
                    Last edited by Mytical; 03-29-2011, 10:30 AM.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

oh GOD yes to night court!
                      Yes to everything else.

Anyone else remember The Invisible Man? with Vincent Vantresca?

Comment

I've seen ALF, The A-Team and Night Court. I've heard of the other two but not seen them.

Anyone recall a made-for-TV FOX movie in the 1990's called White Dwarf (I think)? About a planet that was perpetually half in sunlight, half in shadow? I need to see if that is on DVD.

How about Billy Connolly's show, just called "Billy' (again, I think). He moved into a lady's basement because they were fake-married so he could get his green card. He had a plant named Rod after Rod Stewart.

Why can I remember all this crap but not remember my nephews' birthdays?
                        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

A-Team. I love that show! I have all of the seasons. I have heard of the others, never seen them though.
                          "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                            Early Edition - Yep, the cat at the door thing always made me wonder, however. Maybe god is a cat
                            M.A.N.T.I.S - Yes..unfortunately
                            No to the rest.

How about...

Greatest American Hero
                            ALF
                            Night Court
                            Air Wolf
                            A-Team
                            Corrected it for you. If god is a cat, I'm surprised that Gordon Shumway (a.k.a. ALF) didn't get hit by a bolt of lightning. As for the last two, how about "Blue Thunder" and "High Performance".

Anyone remember:
                            The Highwayman
                            Banacek (possible spelling mistake)
                            Quincy
                            Rat Patrol
                            Jason of Star Command
                            Space 1999
                            B.J. and The Bear
                            Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo
                            Enos
                            Man From Atlantis
                            Project UFO
                            Filthy Rich
                            Last edited by wolfie; 03-29-2011, 11:34 PM. Reason: forgot a few
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

No to invisible man, but I could swear that I should remember it.

As for your list wolfie I think I recognize maybe three..
                              The Highwayman
                              Quincy
                              B.J. and The Bear

Ok...
                              Quantum Leap
                              The Incredible Hulk (cheesy, but a good kind of cheesy)
                              Tru Calling (a little newer, think about the same time as Early Edition?)
                              Knight Rider (Kitt's voice was awesome, same guy (I believe) as 'Higgins' from..
                              Magnum P.I (though I will be honest only watched a few)
                              Miami Vice (The original)
                              (Might as well ...) Nash Bridges

Never heard of either White Dwarf or Billy

I really enjoyed Tru Calling, the concept of reliving a day I liked. Sort of a weird Groundhog Day type thing.
                              Last edited by Mytical; 04-02-2011, 11:15 AM.
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X