This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mytical View Post
    Knight Rider (Kitt's voice was awesome, same guy (I believe) as 'Higgins' from..
    Magnum P.I (though I will be honest only watched a few)
    Definitely not him. What I read was that it was the same guy who played a doctor on a medical drama that I never watched (IIRC, St. Elsewhere).

I tried to stay away from the "mainstream" stuff (Night Rider and Miami Vice fall into that category) when I posted. From the last 2 in your list, sounds like you're a Don Johnson fan.

As for some of those on my list, a couple were sequels: Enos (from Dukes of Hazzard), and Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo (from BJ and the Bear).

Jason of Star Command was a Saturday morning live-action (secret organization operating out of Space Academy, which was one of the entries in the Godzilla Power Hour/Godzilla Super 90 - most entries were animated)

Remembered a few more:
    Harper Valley PTA
    I Dream of Jeannie (only saw reruns of it)
    Combat (again, only reruns)
    Tomorrow People
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

there was a SciFi series in the early 70's called Probe (pilot)/Search (series name). it was set in the comtemporary world with LOTS of high tech gagets such as a dime sized audio/visual scanner and mini-audio implants

Probe Wiki

pic of the "scanner"
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Probe_scanner.jpg

A little more detailed show description

what is really funny is most of the tech used in that show from 40 years ago is now common place either commercially or in the spy biz ie miniturized electromic equipment medical scanners, hi-def mini cameras and high speed wireless stuff.
      Last edited by Racket_Man; 04-03-2011, 08:01 AM.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Wolfie..apparently you are correct...but it did sound an awful lot like Higgins (at least to me)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Daniels
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
          and found some old shows I watched growing up.....see if anyone remembers some of these...

Due South
          Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          Kindred: The Embraced
          VR5
          Space: Above and Beyond

I think Millennium was the only one that lasted more than a season.
          Quoth Racket_Man View Post
          I vaguely remember VR5 on Fox in the early 1990s.
          Growing up? These were only on a few years ago, or so it seems to me.

Quoth Mytical View Post
          How about...

Great American Hero
          ALF
          Night Court
          Air Wolf
          A-Team
          Now that was when I was growing up. Though I didn't watch ALF or Night Court. A suprising amount of American TV was on the three channels we had when I was a kid.

Quoth wolfie View Post
          , how about "Blue Thunder" .
          Movie was awesome. TV series wasn't as good as Air Wolf.

Anyone remember:
          Quincy
          Jason of Star Command
          Space 1999
          B.J. and The Bear
          Man From Atlantis
          Project UFO
          Yep, yep, yep. Man from Atlantis, with the guy from Dallas. And I never understood why it was BJ and the Bear, when it was a monkey.

Quoth Mytical View Post
          No to invisible man, but I could swear that I should remember it.

Ok...
          Quantum Leap
          The Incredible Hulk (cheesy, but a good kind of cheesy)
          Tru Calling (a little newer, think about the same time as Early Edition?)
          Knight Rider (Kitt's voice was awesome, same guy (I believe) as 'Higgins' from..
          Magnum P.I (though I will be honest only watched a few)
          Miami Vice (The original)
          Hulk, Magnum, Miami Vice and Knight Rider were all staples of my childhood.

Quantum Leap was X-files era, IIRC and Tru Calling is pretty recent. I did watch both.

So anyone remember Manimal and Automan? There was also a motorbike version of Knight Rider, I think.

But the real love of my early years was The Six Million Dollar Man.
          Last edited by cinema guy; 04-03-2011, 11:50 PM.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Cinema Guy I am 37 so older then some here (though of course not all). I can even remember black and white Howdy Doody (spelling?). Vaguely. So now to pull out some of the older ones. And yes Six Million Dollar Man was Awesome . Lee Majors.

Lone Ranger
            Alias Smith and Jones
            Charlies Angles
            CHiPS
            Columbo
            Rockford Files
            Kojak
            Starsky and Hutch
            (As much as I hate to admit it) Facts of Life.
            Love Boat
            WKRP in Cincinnati
            Doctor Who (but not many I will admit)
            The Munsters

Man I watched entirely too much TV..this is but a SMALL sample.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Tomorrow People
              UK or US version?

I was a fan of the US version...been meaning to watch the UK version.
              "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
              "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                Strange Luck
                This! I love you! Have my strange mutant babies! You're the first person I've known to even remember it existed. I was crazy about this show, and even my geeky friends don't remember it.

I was also a big Night Court fan. Richard Moll was my hero for a long time. I was big, tall, and brutish-looking too.

I also liked The Flash TV series that ran for a bit. One of the better TV superhero adaptations, IMHO.

Also, Herman's Head, Head of the Class, and The Tick, live action.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                  Cinema Guy I am 37 so older then some here (though of course not all). I can even remember black and white Howdy Doody (spelling?).
                  Yes, I recall B&W TV. And most of those shows on your list. I was a little young fto be allowed to watch Starsky & Hutch (although I have a few years on you, you youngster ).
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I remember Strange Luck as well....was looking for it on Netflix last week, to no avail
                    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Banacek (possible spelling mistake)
                      The A&E network used to play Banacek about five years ago. That's when I got to see the show. George Pepard was the epitome of cool.
                      Project UFO
                      The American series? Man, I would dearly love to find these somewhere. I clearly remember one episode where a UFO 'docks' itself to a cruise ship and kidnaps the woman who played Ellie May on "The Beverly Hillbillies".

Other shows I'd like to find:

Salvage 1 - Andy Griffith stars as the owner of a salvage company that will go anywhere for anything. The pilot consists of him building a rocket and flying to the Moon. Really.

Cupid - the original series that starred Jeremy Piven as a guy in a mental hospital who thinks he's Cupid. Jeremy Piven was hilarious in this.

Cliffhangers - an hour-long show divided into three series, designed to be like the cliffhanger serials that played in movie theaters in the 30's and 40's. One was a female reporter investigating her brother's death, one was Dracula in 1970's LA, and the last (and one I remember most fondly) was a Western/sci-fi with an underground city of an advanced race (the above-ground scenes were in black & white and the underground scenes were in colour).
                      Last edited by El Pollo Guerrera; 04-05-2011, 04:08 AM.
                      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                        Yes, I recall B&W TV. And most of those shows on your list. I was a little young fto be allowed to watch Starsky & Hutch (although I have a few years on you, you youngster ).
                        I was .. an unusual child. My parents swear up and down I was walking by 4 months, and always very mature for my age..they let me watch anything I wanted. Even stay up if I wanted, as long as I didn't complain about getting up for school, do chores, etc. At (I think it has been awhile) 13 I watched one show of a program called Electric Blue..which was on the playboy channel. Bored me to tears lol.

Hmm man there are so many shows though..too many..maybe that is partly why I ended up topping out at 305(ish) lbs.

Let's make a deal
                        Facts of Life
                        Different Strokes (spelling?)

sooo many memories

Comment

Working...
                        X