This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for a thing

Specifically, a thing to keep track of my spending on three fronts (cash, debit, in-store credit) that's like a check register, but bigger (like a notebook).

Any ideas?
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

A pen and paper?

If you have a computer, Excel (or the Open Office equivalent) could do the trick, too.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Or you can try quicken by intuit if you want to go electronic.
      "Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here."

Comment

Quoth Parrothead View Post
        Any ideas?
        a ledger or a specialized journal-both used by bookkeepers-and can usually be located at your nearest office supply store.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

You can use check registers. You can use them for keeping track of more than just checks.

Comment

I should add if you get Quicken you can download all your banking transaction into it. You can also add any 401k, stock and credit card accounts you have to keep track also.

I have used quicken over the last 10 years or so. I love the program because I can make categories or use the ones that are provided to track my spending.

You can do register reports to sort categories or do a monthly banking summary. I found this feature great because I could actually see where I was spending a lot of money. I cut out a lot of eating out and some non essential items like aol.

You can track your weekly paychecks or set up a budget for yourself. There are some neat features in it.

You can pay your bills through it or just keep track of them. If you write checks you can do that through this program though you will need computer checks that are preprinted. Unless you want to get a program to print your own checks. It will work with most programs.

Check it out here http://quicken.intuit.com/
            "Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here."

Comment

Working...
            X