This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more snack masters?

To say our SnackMaster is old is an understatement, it was given to my wife by an upperclassman when she started college. Yeah, it's old.

It still works very well, too.

But - I'm thinking it is not long for this world so recently I've started to look for a new one, I've seen in the past (5-8 years ago?) ones with removable plates (for much easier cleaning) but in my search (Target< WalMart, Sears, Macy's etc.) I haven't found a single one, all I can find are "presses" like pannini presses etc..

To me, these aren't the same. It's just like throwing the sandwich on a frying pan to make a grilled cheese.

The snackmaster can lock to hold the sandwich in and the pressure seals up the edges. I'm rather disappointed to see they're hard to find. I do see one on Amazon but it doesn't have removable plates (and what's the point if mine still works?).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I too have an old one I picked up at a thrift store years ago, and it works really well, cost me 3 bucks .

I also picked up a newer model at a garage sale last week as a backup....so try that or maybe craig's list. We already know these things last forever.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Something like this? (no idea what a snakmaster is)
      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
        The snackmaster can lock to hold the sandwich in and the pressure seals up the edges. I'm rather disappointed to see they're hard to find. I do see one on Amazon but it doesn't have removable plates (and what's the point if mine still works?).
        wrong search string I suspect
        one type here

another here

Oster still makes them
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Is that like the electronic version of the things you can use for camping and making hobo pies?

Comment

My current sandwich maker came from the swamp's own brand of kitchen appliances. It works well and gets used often.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The words you are looking for are "croque monsieur maker"

I grew up with one of these (it was a simple samish squeezer that you put directly on the stove, it was great), and I fully understand the disappointment of not having one.

Comment

Working...
              X