This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitty Patrol

I spent the night at my parents' house last night because my brother and I had went on a mini-road trip and I figured I'd be too tired to drive the extra miles home, and it ended up working out well because there were some icky storms last night and there was flooding and power outages in my area (when I came home this morning, the microwave clock was flashing).

Baby the cat is our almost 10 year old vicious kitty. She never did this when I lived at home (that I can remember anyway), but she goes on "patrol" at night.

I wanted my brother to stay in the livingroom with me and sleep on the chair because I'm afraid of sleeping in the dark alone (not to mention there is a ghost in that house that is residual and shows up at night) and since mom and dad tend to be overly light sleepers, wouldn't be able to sleep with the TV on or radio or anything.

For the record also, both cats wear jinglebell collars. Originally it was so that my parents always knew where Baby was, and they figured it was a good idea when they took in Tiger the kitten, but he was behaving well last night.

Anyway, I laid on the couch, brother on the chair, and we didn't turn the light off right away because we were chatting, and all you could hear was jingle jingle jingle jingle.

I watched Baby do several laps around the ground level of the house before I questioned it. It was so funny, because she'd walk really slow and sneaky and for a second, you couldn't hear her bell, then she started like trotting or walking faster and was jingling, and she kept stopping EVERY lap by the window (which was cracked open) and sniffing out the window. Then she'd return to her "route". Just to throw us off, every once in a while, she'd go upstairs and then do a lap up there and come back down. She even goes into my parents' room and walks across them on their bed and then hops down and goes back to her little route.

I don't dare try to catch that vicious little thing, so once we shut the light off, I couldn't sleep. That damn cat. She walked laps around the house until almost 4 effing AM!

And she does this every. single. night. And it doesn't bother my family at all, because they are used to it. I'm not. I get woken up by lawn mowers, garbage trucks, people screaming as they walk down the street and outside. But last night, it was because of a cat's little bell on her collar.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

You can't even get away from noise at your parents' house!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I need to get a bell for at least one of my cats....my boy cat decided to bring a dead squirrel in the house yesterday as a gift

yeeesh.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Blas, kitties are strange critters. Most nights, Baxter insists on constantly checking the living room window, the window in my office, and the kitchen windows. He'll sneak around until it gets dark out. Then he's tearing all over the house, looking for 'intruders.'
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

lol. Kitties really are the weirdest things. Occasionally, my husband and I will hear some kind of bang, or crash from another room. Its gotten to the point where I just expect that it was her and ignore it for the most part except to say "Sasha? What are you doing?" I look out the door from where I'm sitting sometimes if I hear something else, but usually she replies as soon as I say that so I know she's ok and I just leave it alone.

99% of the time, nothing is different anyway. I have NO idea how she manages to make those noises and nothing is broken or knocked over, but she does. The cat is smart as hell so I wonder if she's just putting it back after she breaks it or knocks it over lol. Maybe its kitty magic.

Comment

I recall a documentary several years ago where they recorded cats and their daily activities. One of the things they noticed was that cats will take an inventory of everything around them.

Not long after that, one of the cats managed to get out and was missing for a couple of days. We found her in the patio, and figured that she must have recognized something either on the patio or looking in that made her realize it was her home.

I'm guessing the "patrol" is Baby taking inventory of everything to make sure nothing is out of order.
            Random conversation:
            Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
            DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

There is no way I ever let my cat wander around without the bell on her collar...it just freaks me out when she appears from nowhere!!
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
              X