Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

in which a simple statement made me feel OLD!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Plaidman View Post
    If you were born in 1990, you can legally drink.

Case in point, my oldest daughter. 21 this January. THAT makes me feel old. I was only 24 when I had her
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
      Case in point, my oldest daughter. 21 this January. THAT makes me feel old. I was only 24 when I had her
      same here.
      my daughter just turned 24. she was born days before I turned 27
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

i constantly ask a coworker "hey, you remember ___?" and invariably, she doesnt. Makes me feel old every time! LOL

Comment

One of my daughter's friends and I were talking and I made reference to the show All In The Family and he didn't get it, didn't even know what that was.

sigh.

Comment

You know you're getting old when "generation gap" jokes you used to tell fall flat because they contain cultural references the current generation doesn't understand.
            Case in point:

"Was Paul McCartney in another band before Wings?"

Even the younger generation has probably heard of the Beatles, but now we've got people who haven't heard about less-famous bands such as Wings.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

My favorite "Damn I'd old" story & this happened in '95....

I was telling some people about the new movie,Apollo 13,when one young lady blurts out "Don't tell me the ending!"
              "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
                I was telling some people about the new movie,Apollo 13,when one young lady blurts out "Don't tell me the ending!"
                Ha! I got ya beat on that one! I had a lady say the SAME THING about The Passion of Christ!!!!

And Blas, I'm with ya on the Oregon Trail. We had the Apple computer lab at our school and once a week we'd go and play Oregon Trail, Amazon Trail (the lamer one!) and Math Blasters!

I had a bad "I'm old" feeling the other day at work. My CW and I were on the topic of Lady Gaga and she made the comment of how original she was. I responded that she was just another Madonna for this generation. The response was: "Who's Madonna?" and this girl is a MUSIC major in university!
                Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
                  The response was: "Who's Madonna?" and this girl is a MUSIC major in university!
                  Are you fucking kidding me? oh my god.

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
                    "Who's Madonna?" and this girl is a MUSIC major in university!
                    ... only the dead long ago are of musical interest?
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

One of the worst ones I had was when I was working. (I posted it here long ago). A kid picked up, I think it was Ebony magazine, which had Michael Jackson on the cover. "Why the fuck is he on this, he ain't black!"

....oh man.
                      Military Spouse Support.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...
                      X