X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started a stag night once in a gay bar.

Rapscallion

Comment

Try not to worry about it, you will be with friends, and heterosexuals in gay clubs are rarely a problem. If you go around shouting things like 'gross', 'eeeeewww' and tell people what they are doing is wrong, then things might not be so great. However, I can't see you doing that as you were conciensous enough to check it was ok for you to even be going. It's still a bar, there will be booze, dancing, music and at least one couple getting way too hot for public. I'm sure you'll have a great time :-)

Comment

I don't find it odd at all. When I was in college (Rochester, NY) me and my group of straight/bi/gay friends would all get together on the weekends and hit the gay bars. A much better scene and we had a ton of fun. The gay bars had the best music and entertainment, and it was common for straight folks to go too. I miss those days.
        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I'd say it depends on the culture of the place itself - some places welcome non-LGBT guests, some don't.

One of the best New Year's parties I've ever attended was the 1998/1999 party at a (now defunct) gay club - and there was much fun. However I got told at the entrance that there was a certain section called the "Pick Me Up Room", and if I was straight I should NOT enter that room unless I wanted new and exciting experiences... :S
          A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

My hometown didn't have any specific gay clubs but there was one that had a weekly gay night and I went there once as I knew someone who worked behind the bar there and he invited me and a couple of mates to come, although from what I remember, apart from us four and a few other couples that were there the place was pretty much empty.

Comment

Really appreciate all the input, guys! Although it looks like we won't be doing the club this weekend since one of my friends wasn't feeling too hotat work today. I might still go to her place and get a little sloshed though, hehe. As for.the club in question, I guess it's done for hers to go since my lesbian friend invited me in the first place. Maybe some other weekend. . . Dank, and I was looking forward to it, lol. Oh well, maybe next time we'll rope my cute friend into going with us. He's been stuck at home for a while and is hankering for some club and boozing action. Also I want an excuse to get saucy with him and see what happens :P
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I am as hetero as they come, and I've been to many gay bars. Why? Well, they're fun! And no, I'm not looking for a "walk on the wild side," as I am not interested in men at all. But they have good music, fun shows (if they have drag shows) and generally very interesting people.

As for me, if I get hit on by a guy, I politely decline. To me, a guy is just like an ugly woman...I'm not going home with either one, thank you very much.

Now, I live in Key West, which is very well-known internationally as a place with a large and open gay community. And it is. But I'm from Phoenix, and I've been to gay bars there, as well. Once, many years ago, I went to one of the local Phoenix gay bars with a straight couple and two gay guys I knew. The next day at work, one of my coworkers said, "Hey, Jester....I heard that you were at Gay Bar West last night." "Yeah," I said. "So?" "You know that IS a gay bar," they said. Without missing a beat, I looked them straight in the eye and replied, "They're beer was cold." Which is pretty much my main priority in any bar. Straight bar with warm beer? Later! Gay bar with ice cold frosty suds? I'm in!

If you're comfortable with the idea, go. If not, don't. The vast majority of the people there won't give two shits if you're straight or not. Of course, just like any group, there are assholes within the homosexual community, and you may meet some of them there, and they may harass you. But they are not representative of the community as a whole, so don't let them bother you.

If you do go, have fun! And have a few cold ones for me!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                X