This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mysticgirl5 View Post
    The Cuntessa won't lower herself to scream or swear at you - no, she wants to eat your self worth for breakfast with a side of bacon.
    To be fair to her, bacon DOES make everything better.

The worst part is that somewhere in her rantings she told me that she has cancer...
    Well fuck her, and her cancer too. Lots of people have cancer. Most of them don't use it as an excuse to be a flaming cuntbag.

Sympathy DENIED!

It's the only comeback I can give, acting like I don't give a fuck at all what they've said and I will go on having a sunshiney day.
    Stop acting. Seriously, stop giving a fuck about these idiots. Whether they're trying to make it personal with you or not, don't let them. Remember, it's your job, it's not who you are. We can't please everyone, though it is good to try to make our customers happy. But some just won't allow it to happen, as some are bound and determined to be utterly miserable, petty trolls. So don't let them get to you. Care about doing a good job, but stop caring when people refuse your help when you've done what you know is a good job.

And listen to Katrina and the Waves from time to time.

OK, I feel a little better now that I've ranted but I could still use about ten strawberry margaritas.
    Bartender here.

Any preference in tequila?

Quoth XCashier View Post
    You need strawberry margaritas, chocolate, a week at a spa and a dartboard with the Gruesome Twosome's pictures on it. Then you'll need some spackle for fixing the wall after you bayonet the dartboard...
    Dartboard's a good idea, but I think there's a better method of target practice:

Put their pictures on paper targets, take them to the local firing range, and blast them full of lead!
    Last edited by Jester; 04-09-2014, 05:43 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Oh my. The one who asked your level of education so that she could dumb herself down to speak to you...um, yeah. I have to give you credit on holding it together on that one because I know I would have screeched 'EXCUSE ME?' or hung up.

Or both.

We have a VIP line here at my work that we're expressly told we have to take *anything* they dish out...and I can honestly tell you that even on that line I would have likely hung up and taken the write up, if they hit me with it.

*shudder* I think I'd rather get cussed at. Huge to you for having to tolerate these hosebeasts.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
        We have a VIP line here at my work that we're expressly told we have to take *anything* they dish out...and I can honestly tell you that even on that line I would have likely hung up and taken the write up, if they hit me with it.
        Back at Hellvista if a customer was on a tear I'd just slide the headset off my ear. I could still hear that they were saying something, but not what they were saying. I'd wait til they were finished or there was a lull in the storm, then just continue on like nothing happened.

It was quite effective actually.
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

That's good. I usually just flip through my kindle or scroll on Facebook and silently tune them out. Once they realize they're not getting a rise out of me, most of them STFU and calm down and tell me what they need. Then I start speaking again.

I think the education comment, however, would have snapped me back into the moment and I would have reacted. I know myself.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Dartboard's a good idea, but I think there's a better method of target practice:

Put their pictures on paper targets, take them to the local firing range, and blast them full of lead!
            A couple problems with that:

1) IIRC, with 16 inch naval rifles, the body of the shell is made of steel, not lead, so you wouldn't be blasting the targets full of lead.

2) I don't think it's legal for a civilian to own a 16 inch naval rifle.

I know myself.
            And customers like that should "know" themselves - in the biblical sense.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth TimmyHate View Post
              Aww twenty dollars? I wanted a peanut.
              Twenty Dollars can buy many peanuts
              Explain how?
              Money can be exchanged for goods or services
              WOOHOO!
              Such as a squishee made entirely out of syrup.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Such as a squishee made entirely out of syrup.
                WhooooOOOOOOooooah, that's good Squishee.

Comment

I've been asked the education level question before. I was working for MajorBank, and while I didn't speak with actual customers, I did have to speak with branch level employees. I got a particularly snooty district manager on the phone once who didn't like the answer I was giving him, so tried to pull the "I'm smarter than you" bit. He asked how I could know anything since I was just a back shop grunt, and did I even finish high school? I said of course, sir, along with a bachelor's of Science in Mathematics and Biology with minors in Chemistry and English lit, then went on to complete a Master's of Science in Mathematics, and were those degrees sufficient for him? He stammered a little bit but dropped most of the bad attitude.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I think the education comment, however, would have snapped me back into the moment and I would have reacted. I know myself.
                    Hey, there are reactions that would have worked well.

"Well, since you asked, Madame, I did my undergraduate work at Cornell, received my Master's at Dartmouth, and am just about to finish my PhD at UMass. And yourself?"

Sure, it's a pack of lies. But if someone's going to try to condescend to you, why would you feel any obligation to be honest with them? Me, I'd lie my ass off, and see if they were still capable of speech. Of course, I'd probably use western schools myself, out of pride, but whatever works. As long as they are made to sputter, it's all good. Hell, you could tailor the schools to the caller's region, just to completely fuck with their head.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    A couple problems with that:

1) IIRC, with 16 inch naval rifles, the body of the shell is made of steel, not lead, so you wouldn't be blasting the targets full of lead.

2) I don't think it's legal for a civilian to own a 16 inch naval rifle.
                    1) It's a friggin' figure of speech.

2) It's a friggin' emoticon.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Hey, there are reactions that would have worked well.

"Well, since you asked, Madame, I did my undergraduate work at Cornell, received my Master's at Dartmouth, and am just about to finish my PhD at UMass. And yourself?"

Sure, it's a pack of lies. But if someone's going to try to condescend to you, why would you feel any obligation to be honest with them? Me, I'd lie my ass off, and see if they were still capable of speech. Of course, I'd probably use western schools myself, out of pride, but whatever works. As long as they are made to sputter, it's all good. Hell, you could tailor the schools to the caller's region, just to completely fuck with their head.
                      It's even more fun when it's true.
                      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

There is that. But if one is in a job dealing with such trolls, and one's education is not at such a level, I see no reason in extensive embellishment of the truth (i.e., lying one's ass off).

Still A Customer."

Comment

mysticgirl5, I believe we work for the same company. I am that upper level support you mentioned. Please believe me when I say that they don't always get what they want when they're escalated to us. I've had people actually disconnect their accounts because we couldn't/wouldn't do what they wanted.

Comment

Cuntessa & Cruella? They sound like a pair of dominatrices.
                            I'm glad that in all my SCs I've never been asked what is my education. I would go off. Management would not stand for it either... I think. I hope.
                            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

So tired of entitled bitches bitching! I worked at a call center for a couple of months for a third party billing company (hint: this meant that we only PRINTED THE BILLS, we did NOT make up the charges that were on there, the water company did, and we only accepted payments and redirected issues). So many people would call US to complain that their cable/trash/Internet/water/electricity was out and no matter how many times I had to explain that we were not the actual company providing the services, we were just the THIRD PARTY BILLING COMPANY and people STILL didn't get it! So they would constantly be calling and crying about late fees being removed or needing their due date extended and their water turned back on, etc. I had people call and demand me to do things immediately before even giving me their information. Luckily with our system we would immediately pull them up by phone number as they called in and we would just ask them to verify their identity, but people would still get pissed about that - WHY U NEED TO KNO WHO I AM?

But yeah, listened to a lot of people screaming about stuff at that job. I would just sit there and nod and play on Facebook until they got done bitching before they would let me talk so I could solve their problem for them. Most of the time I was able to solve without escalating to a manager because the "complicated situations" people usually called about where usually easily solvable. Once the issue was solved then the person screaming would just be like, "Oh. That's it?" Usually it was because they misunderstood their bill and didn't realize that we billed for the month previous (can't bill you for utilities you haven't even used yet! So many people did NOT get this).

So long story short, OP, totally feel your pain. People who demand services right away - especially that first entitled tw*tbag demanding that someone come over and press a button on her remote is an idiot. If it were me calling and that was my issue, I would have been elated that the person on the phone was able to help me without having to send a tech out. I would have gladly gotten my sick ass out of bed to follow their instructions if it meant my TV would be working again so I could watch TV while sick and I probably would have thanked the rep a million times for solving it so easily for me. To me it would be more frustrating to have to wait for a tech, so the fact that it could have been solved without doing that right then and there would have really been awesome. Normally people complain when a tech has to be sent out in two days (BUT WHYYYY CAN'T YOU FIX IT NOWWWWW?!)!

If I had to wait for a tech, though, I wouldn't complain. Life is what it is! Sorry you had to deal with those awful women. The ones who sneer and insult your intelligence and education are just the worst!

Comment

Quoth coffee_drinker247 View Post
                                Usually it was because they misunderstood their bill and didn't realize that we billed for the month previous (can't bill you for utilities you haven't even used yet! So many people did NOT get this).
                                Cable company always does this. I've talked to reps who say they understand the confusion and don't agree with combining next month's bill to the current month.

Comment

Working...
                                X