Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else get screamed at as much as me?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else get screamed at as much as me?

It's always a situation wherein some woman literally yells at me angrily and is so upset that it alarms other people. It's usually over something I can't do or am not allowed to do. Is it just me? I've been at my company for 10 years this summer, and I can think of 8 times right off the top of my head. I'm sure I've blocked out more. I'm beginning to wonder if the problem is me, but it's not anything I do over and over; it's different stuff every time. I don't think my coworkers get yelled at as intensely as me. Does anyone relate? Is this just the unavoidable downside of retail.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I just got yelled at last night. Yeah I think it is retail, and the busier the store, the crankier the customers are. Funny thing is that they come back expecting things to be different, they take forever themselves, and yet they expect us to hurry and to always know the answer to whatever crazy request they have. It's retail and it's this rushed, "I want it now" mentality of society today.
    Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

I get plenty if difficult and cranky people, but don't recall too many yellers. Perhaps even the SCs realize that it's a bad idea to yell at the person who is controlling their booze.......

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I wish SCs would figure out that it's also a bad idea to piss off the person who (at the time) controls whether you get food...in order for that to work all managers need to back cashiers up (which is never gonna happen at least where I work).
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth MelindaJoy77 View Post
          Yeah I think it is retail, and the busier the store, the crankier the customers are...
          I agree. More variety of consumers. The ones who feel upset about something are
          fueled by the other consumers around them. Some feel as though automatically the
          other people around them will be on their side in the battle against the evil store.

Comment

I agree, it's not just you FL. I've seen spit flyin' outta people's mouths, they're so angry and screaming insensibly.

I don't know if the real idjits can think far enough ahead about booze dispensing, Jester. I do know that the perception most people have is that bars and (non chain) bar/restaurants draw the line a lot shorter and a lot more firmly where suck is concerned. Probably stems from the fact that most people know that there are far more legalities and repercussions involved when alcohol is a factor and those place tend to put up with a lot less bs.

Comment

I think it's a number of things, and you're the unfortunate in the line of fire.

30 years ago I moved to the SF Bay Area. I used to have a near death experience on the freeway maybe once a month. Now it seems like at least once a day there's some ass or idiot or clueless mouthbreather who makes me dream of the day I can retire to some little village far, far away.

I chalk it up to a massive increase in the population, exacerbated by a higher than usual increase in the number of foreign born residents with different cultural backgrounds, stress over the economy that's gone on for years now, and those politicians and media types and others who whip up people into thinking that everything is going to hell in a handbasket and it's okay to act like a t**t, because you are the center of this universe.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Firecrackers Not Included View Post
                Some feel as though automatically the
                other people around them will be on their side in the battle against the evil store.
                And yet the other people just stare at the crazy person.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                  I don't know if the real idjits can think far enough ahead about booze dispensing, Jester. I do know that the perception most people have is that bars and (non chain) bar/restaurants draw the line a lot shorter and a lot more firmly where suck is concerned. Probably stems from the fact that most people know that there are far more legalities and repercussions involved when alcohol is a factor and those place tend to put up with a lot less bs.
                  I don't think a lot of them are that smart. I think they just (correctly) think, "Me piss of bartender, maybe me no get drink." And I'm guessing it's because, some time in the past, that actually happened to them.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                  X