This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
    Depends on how much you've had to drink.
    Considering we're not allowed to drink while on duty, this doesn't affect my drawer. Yes, we're allowed to taste or sample new products, but you've gotta be a drunk discontinued douchebag asshole to get drunk doing that.

Now, years ago, we WERE allowed to drink on duty. If someone wanted to buy us a drink, we were fully allowed to take it. And, I won't lie, I did. But....well, see below.*

Nowadays, if a customer wants to buy us a drink, we can put it on their tab, but we can't actually drink it until we have clocked out. Since most patrons who offer to buy you a drink want to actually drink with you, this does not happen nearly as much as one might hope. Or at least as much as I might hope.

*I often took drinks from customers who wanted to buy them for me. But because I was not a fucking moron, I never got drunk behind the bar. Happy? Sure. Drunk? Shitfaced? Unable to do my job? Oh, hell no. Never. Even on the Great Rum Day, when two different patrons bought me three different shots of lovely sipping rum (totaling $50 for the three shots), I only did two of them, and explained to the guy buying me my third that I would not be able to do it right then and still be able to finish my shift in a reasonable manner. He understood, and had no problem with the idea of me drinking said rum later, after I finished my shift and clocked out.
    Last edited by Jester; 04-23-2014, 09:55 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I haven't seen this done in the UK (I'm guessing you are in the state's or Canada?) For years. What a rude and unnecessary thing to say to you. I will sometimes tell elderly customers the amount of change, but it's up to the individual to count it.

Comment

Never counted the change back and never got chewed for it. Of course, the customers likely to chew me about it were the ones who paid in exact change only and took 10 minutes finding said exact change!
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
        X