This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's 2001 Somewhere

According to some random guest, it's 2001 in Africa. I didn't know time zones worked that way.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    According to some random guest, it's 2001 in Africa. I didn't know time zones worked that way.
    It's 2001 in the past and unless we change the way we count years at some time in the future it will never be 2001 again.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
      It's 2001 in the past and unless we change the way we count years at some time in the future it will never be 2001 again.
      Well, even if we change the way we count years in the future, it'll never be 2001 again.

Because our 2001 is technically 2001 AD, or 2001 CE if you want to be secular.

If we change up the way we count years in the future, whenever they get to 2001, it'll be a different reckoning of the year. (Post-Diaspora or post-event or something along those lines)
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Maybe someone will establish the Guardia Kingdom and we'll count all over. Though 2001 in this scenario would kinda suck.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          According to some random guest, it's 2001 in Africa.
          They heard it wrong. It's 5:00 somewhere. That would be 1700 on the 24 hour clock.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            Maybe someone will establish the Guardia Kingdom and we'll count all over. Though 2001 in this scenario would kinda suck.
            That's supposing we all live through 1999.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

It's 5:23 in US EDST...JustShootMe is drinking....
              Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

Quoth JustShootMe View Post
                It's 5:23 in US EDST...JustShootMe is drinking....
                It's 5-something in Europe or someplace when I start drinking... ...soda. Because I don't drink except on special occasions.

Comment

Well, with me being on East Coast, it's currently 5:38 Central Time. Or if we were on Standard Time, it would be 5:39 here right now.

And I'll probably pour a glass in a few after I finish getting my hair set for tonight.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I think he meant 20:01, but who knows?

Comment

My brother says Michigan is 30 years behind the rest of North America, so something similar could explain the issue with Africa.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Somewhere out there -- it's nine o'clock on a Saturday, and the regular crowd is shuffling in...
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Are they in Ethiopia? Their calendar is about 14 years behind us I think...

Ah no,it's only 2006 there... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_calendar

Perhaps they're from an alternate reality where it is still 2001...
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Somewhere out there -- it's nine o'clock on a Saturday, and the regular crowd is shuffling in...
                            I had to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57qYc5ppLM8

Comment

Working...
                            X