This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what?

We rent dock slips out to customers. These customers are a drain on the business. They came with the business, so we decided not to kick them all out. However, my father/boss has made it very clear to all of them that there are more profitable things he can do with their dock slips and they shouldn't complain.

(When he raised the price of the dock slip he sent along a hypothetical quote to a person who wanted one showing just how high he could have made the price.)

Well, this conversation happened anyway. This is abbreviated, and over multiple days.

Dock Customer: Elderly and inflexible
    Boss: can be an asshole

DC: My boat isn't in my spot
    Boss: It's the beginning of the season. We're just putting boats wherever we can fit them right now.
    DC: But my helm is on my right side.
    Boss: So is everyone else's.
    DC: But my boat isn't on the right side.
    Boss: Why don't you come back tomorrow? It should be in the right spot then.

He called two more times that day. Next day:

DC: There's a red boat in my spot
    Boss: That must be *other dock customer*. His dock is underwater right now. We are just going to have to make things work until we can fix that dock.
    DC: But my helm is on the right side!
    Boss: So is everyone else's.
    DC: But I've been in the same spot for forty years

He has not.

Boss: You know what? I have a solution for you. We can move you back to your old spot at [farthest spot on farthest dock from their parking space.]
    DC: We'll just wait.

Ta-da! And he stopped calling. This was at least six calls over two days.
Working...
X