Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I'm a disgusting human being and a little pig.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm a disgusting human being and a little pig.

So I return to this site after a four month absence and so do the SC's. They must know I'm posting again.

Took two meals out to a husband and wife. The husband had ordered a medium rare steak. He called me over.

H: This is well done!

The piece he showed me was well done, so I immediately took it back to the kitchen. The cook and I inspected the steak. The steak was actually a little uneven when it came to the thickness, and the customer had cut into a wafer thin piece of meat. The cook and I cut into the middle of the steak and blood spilled out. It was medium rare for sure, besides the small bit at the edge the customer had cut into.

Me: I'll take it back to him and ask if he's ok with this.
    Cook: If he isn't, I'll happily give him another one.

I took it back.

Me: Hi there. The cook and I cut into the steak, and as you can see it is medium rare, except this small thin section at the edge.
    H: Riiiighht...
    Me: Is that OK with you? Because if it isn't the cook is more than happy to make you another one.
    H: No, I'll take it.
    Me: Are you sure? I want to make sure you're happy.
    H: No it's fine. I see what you mean.
    Me: OK, well I will come over and check on you in a few minutes.

I thought I did a lovely job. I went about my business and returned to their table.

Me: Is everything OK for you.

The husband and wife suddenly turned into petulant teenagers.

H: NO! I am not happy!
    Me: Oh no. Is there still a problem? I will take it back for you right away and get you a new meal.
    H: NO! I DON'T WANT A NEW MEAL!
    W: Can I just say? I think you are a DISGUSTING HUMAN BEING!
    Me:
    W: How DARE you bring that meal back to my husband!
    Me: Well I did offer an alternative, but he didn't take it.
    W: You NEVER bring back food when there is a problem! Don't you know ANYTHING?!?!
    Me: Well if there is that much of a problem I can sort you out some free drinks-

She put her hand up to my face.

W: NO! NO! NO! Get me a manager!
    Me: *turning to walk away* Wow.
    W: DON'T YOU "WOW" ME YOU LITTLE PIG!

Manager heard the "little pig" comment and decided at that point they weren't getting shit. He listened calmly to her whining and ended it with:

M: Well, all I can do is apologise.

He walked away.

W: IS THAT IT????

I'm surprised they weren't carrying tackle boxes and rods for that fishing expedition.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      He listened calmly to her whining and ended it with:

M: Well, all I can do is apologise...Right after you apologize to my employee.
      Fixed that for ya.

PS. Welcome back, CRML!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

W: IS THAT IT????

Me: Not really. I can toss your ungrateful asses out the door if you'd prefer.

"If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

They're bullies. It infuriates me that people never grow out of schoolyard bullying but if it's any consolation, just think of it this way: you're the better person. Don't listen to the likes of them.

Comment

What a pair of douchebags! A perma-ban is definitely in order here!

Comment

They better be paying for that meal.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                Me: Not really. I can toss your ungrateful asses out the door if you'd prefer.
                ^^^ THIS!

They're bullies and assholes. They deserve each other, but I hope they never had kids. And who cuts a wafer-thin slice off a steak to test the doneness? The edges are always more cooked than the center! DUH!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The WS in my closest town has a description of the various states of "done," on a board right next to the area you pick up your silverware and tray. Medium states "Done around the edges and pink in the middle." And I witnessed one bitchy person complain because their medium steak was done at the edges. Waitress points to the sign and says, "If you wanted medium rare, you should of asked for medium rare!"
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    And who cuts a wafer-thin slice off a steak to test the doneness? The edges are always more cooked than the center! DUH!
                    My understanding of the OP was that, rather than cutting a sliver off the edge of the steak, the steak was of uneven thickness (had a thin spot near the edge, with the rest being significantly thicker) and they cut into the thin spot. Since the edge (including top and bottom) will be more cooked than the center, and a thin spot will be ALL top and bottom, this was still stupid on the part of the customer.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      My understanding of the OP was that, rather than cutting a sliver off the edge of the steak, the steak was of uneven thickness (had a thin spot near the edge, with the rest being significantly thicker) and they cut into the thin spot. Since the edge (including top and bottom) will be more cooked than the center, and a thin spot will be ALL top and bottom, this was still stupid on the part of the customer.
                      Stupid or intentional? Hard to tell in this case. Although, based on the remainder of their interaction with staff, I'm leaning toward intentional.

"Any sufficient level of incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."
                      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I just cannot get why people think that hurling insults and calling service people names is acceptable! I have been called bitch (I know I am, what are you??), stupid, ignorant, cracker (they weren't impressed when I said Triscuit?), and the always unacceptable C word. When I have ad abuse hurled at me like this, I just get real quiet, and in the coldest voice (friend says ice cubes fall from my mouth with this tone) I tell them that their behavior and name calling is done and they can leave and I take their purchases back off the counter and cancel the sale. I have absolutely no time, nor patience for that. Also, has this lady never heard the rule that you don't fuck with the person preparing/serving your food?

Comment

Not getting a full refund, alternative schoolyard tactics required!
                          Do they really think that by calling the staff names they're actually going to get anything more than a "Please leave?"
                          The sad thing is, you can guarantee that they have pulled this stunt elsewhere and got something for nothing.

Comment

Quoth registerrodeo View Post
                            I just cannot get why people think that hurling insults and calling service people names is acceptable! I have been called bitch (I know I am, what are you??),
                            "Yeah, pal, I am a bitch. Spelled B-I-T-C-H, which stands for Buddy, I'm Taking Control Here!" Ah, if only we could say that to SCs without getting in trouble...
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth registerrodeo View Post
                              I just cannot get why people think that hurling insults and calling service people names is acceptable!
                              I dunno.

It's mystifying.

Can they cite a single example, one single example, of one person making things BETTER by insulting another person? You'll get the same service at best, and worst service at, well, worse.

Is it ignorance?

Bravado?

Raging at their own impotence?

Happens too often to be just simple and understandable mental illness.
                              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X