This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate needles?

I've been through the Sickbay threads and I know that there are several people here who hate needles. The rest of us will also appreciate this, because we all know that sometimes nurses just can't find that vein and keep stabbing and poking.

http://www.industrytap.com/veinviewe...te-veins/27706
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Where has this thing been all my life? @_@ I can count on one hand the number of times, when having an IV started or having bloodwork done, the person sticking me has found a vein on the first try.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I would love that -- very few vampires get mine on the first attempt x.x Then again, I just tell them that, when it's time to actually stick me, just give me a heads up so I can close my eyes. Denial is a powerful thing ^_^ Makes it easier on me AND on them, as I won't fidget or freak out.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

There was something that got used on me in 1995 - I was so dehydrated pre-op they had to give me 2 units before they considered me stable enough to operate upon. It was some sort of little y shaped thingy, I believe it used infrared or something because the veins showed up red. He pressed it against my skin above where he was hoping to find a good vein.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
        X