X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What it's like to have anxiety

http://distractify.com/joe-white/fin...d-it/?ts_pid=2

As someone diagnosed with anxiety/depression and drawing SSDI benefits for it, this describes my daily struggle better than I ever could.

I'm curious, how long did it take you to get SSDI for it? What was involved?

I've seen this a few times and I completely agree. I'm afraid of medication further messing up my brain so I just bear it. The umbrella is missing. No one is selling any.

Oddly Mr. Rogers calms my fears (and I have such worry of being made fun of for watching him).
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
      I'm curious, how long did it take you to get SSDI for it? What was involved?

I've seen this a few times and I completely agree. I'm afraid of medication further messing up my brain so I just bear it. The umbrella is missing. No one is selling any.
      It took me about 3 months after I moved where I am currently. There was this woman who made sure every base was covered, and miraculously I got it the first time thru, with no appeals. That's pretty rare for that to happen, as anybody who's tried to apply for Disability/SSI could tell you. Thankfully, everybody involved in getting me where I'm at today made sure I got myself diagnosed first.

I understand where you're coming from. I expressed the exact fears about meds you said to the doctor treating me, and put me on one that wouldn't alter my personality. I'm currently taking Citalopram, the generic of Celexa. It's suppressed all but my biggest anxieties. It makes me so that I can function somewhat, which is better than what I've been. You just need the right med. Don't let that stop you from getting help. Take it from someone who's been there and still is a little bit.

Comment

I read through this and almost started crying. It describes me pretty well and actually sums up my biggest anxiety issue!
        At the moment, work seems to be suppressing it quite well (as in I don't have the physical symptoms as much. Then again, the tasks are not particularly difficult and I take refuge in audacity.) then again, both the temp agency I work for and my supervisor are both aware.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Thank you for posting that link. My husband suffers from anxiety, I suffer from depression. I've had to help him through a few anxious episodes, and he's had to help me through some bad depressive spells.

(This comic series is really good at showing what depression is like. I wonder if there are others for other forms of mental illness? I'll have to check sometime.)

Talk to your doctor; he should be able to help you with your anxiety. Medication can be scary, and it can take a lot of trial-and-error to find the correct one, but once you do, it can help immensely. BTDT myself.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

You need to warn people about binge reading before posting links like that! lol
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
            X